Member Service Associate - Eastern Community YMCA
- Expired: February 03, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Member Service Associate
Branch: Eastern Community YMCA
Position Type: Part Time
Pay: $10.10 per hour
Be a difference maker, with the YMCA of Greater Toledo. We are a Cause Driven community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many people we guide, teach, and protect every day. As leaders in the health and wellness field, we're making a strong, lasting, positive impact on our community. Here, you'll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares people for success? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
Regardless of your role with us, you'll find so many things to love when you become part of our team. There's our fun, challenging work environment. There's the awesome team and supportive organization. You'll find that everyone in the YMCA of Greater Toledo has the same goal: to prepare people for success and inspire them to be lifelong learners. Flexible, Creative, Fun, nurturing, positive...we're not just saying it. You'll find these things being demonstrated here, every day.
Under the direction of the District Membership Director and in the accordance with Association policies, the Member Service Associate (MSA) is responsible for member satisfaction and retention through impeccable member service and practices that promote member engagement. The MSA will possess extensive knowledge in membership and program options as well as specific center information.
- Meet and exceed membership satisfaction and retention goals.
- Ensure that the daily care of members is first priority; assist with member service desk operations including scanning membership cards and greeting members.
- Collaborate with all branch staff to ensure service excellence and timely follow up to all member questions and/or complaints.
- Assist in selling memberships and programs by proactively engaging in conversations on the benefits of YMCA memberships and programs.
- Accurately process new memberships and program registrations including cash transactions and maintenance of member records. Respond to inquiries both in person and by phone.
- Practice strong fiscal stewardship in the execution of financial and membership policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in the Annual Campaign by helping to raise dollars toward the branch goal.
- Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the safety policies and procedures set for the Association.
- A high school diploma or equivalent with customer service experience preferred.
- The ability to work well and effectively communicate with a diverse population in a wide variety of situations is required.
- Excellent computer skills are also necessary.
- Must be accurate in cash handling and demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Must exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Confidentiality and excellent organization skills are strongly emphasized.
Why Work At The Y?
- Future employers respect the Y
When future employers see the Y on your resume, they think of an organization with global ties that has been around for more than 100 years. We have a reputation for hiring good people who do great things.
- Every day is something new
Whenever you work or wherever you work, every day is a new adventure. One moment you'll be helping kids with homework and the next you'll be leading a big art project or games outside.
- Free Y membership
When you work for the Y, we offer you all the perks of being a Y member including access to all branches and discounts on classes, child care, and camp.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mind
Part-time and full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for anyone!
- The best coworkers ever
Everyone that works at the Y shares a passion for making their communities a better place, especially for kids. Don't be surprised if you leave your Y with great professional experience and new friends.
Along with competitive pay, the YMCA of Greater Toledo offers exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Complimentary YMCA membership for all employees. Full time employees will receive a complimentary YMCA membership for their entire family.
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative and talented individuals.
- Full time employees are eligible to receive quality health insurance (medical, dental and vision) with affordable premiums.
- Full time employees also receive (at no cost to them) Long Term Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the YMCA's excellent retirement fund.
The YMCA is a drug free workplace and is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
YMCA of Greater Toledo
Get fresh Work From Home Member Service Representative YMCA jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.