Group Exercise Instructor
- Posted: 17 days ago
Position: Group Exercise Instructor
Branch: Francis Family YMCA
Position Type: Part-Time
Pay: $15-$20 per class
Be a difference maker, with the YMCA of Greater Toledo. We are a Cause Driven community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many people we guide, teach, and protect every day. As leaders in the health and wellness field, we're making a strong, lasting, positive impact on our community. Here, you'll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares people for success? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
Regardless of your role with us, you'll find so many things to love when you become part of our team. There's our fun, challenging work environment. There's the awesome team and supportive organization. You'll find that everyone in YMCA has the same goal: to prepare people for success and inspire them to be lifelong learners. Flexible, Creative, Fun, nurturing, positive...we're not just saying it. You'll find these things being demonstrated here, every day.
To instruct a group exercise class according to the guidelines of the YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise Instructor training. Insure the safety of all participants during class.
A YMCA Group Exercise Instructor is required to have a good understanding of physical fitness, exercise science, exercise techniques, group leadership and experience in the specific fitness program they are teaching. Certification in CPR, First Aid, AED, required immediately. Principles of Healthy Lifestyles. In addition, the following program specific trainings are required where applicable:
- MOSSA Cardio and Step Instructor (within 90 days except of cycling)
- MOSSA Group Cycling (within 90 days, cycling only)
- Group Fitness Certification from YMCA, MOSSA, ACE, AFAA, WITS, Johnny G's Cycling, ACSM required if needed by the specific program.
- Yoga Fit (Yoga only)
- Insure the safety of all participants in class.
- Be at the YMCA, or designated work site, prior to class to prepare.
- Make sure all necessary equipment is out before class is scheduled to begin and return equipment to storage after class.
- Conduct class in accordance with standard conditioning principles according to designated program you have been assigned to teach.
- Be aware at all times to participant's level of activity intensity, encouraging them to go at their own pace.
- Observe building policies, restrictions, and emergency procedures.
- Openly promote health enhancement programs offered at the YMCA.
- Keep accurate attendance records.
- Attend all fitness staff meetings and training sessions when deemed necessary by your supervisor.
- Be dressed in appropriate attire when while teaching class.
- Keep supervisor informed of any equipment that needs fixed or replaced.
- Notify supervisor and customer service desk of any injuries or emergencies. Incident/Accident reports must be completed and turned in for any incidents.
- Portrayal of the core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility at all times.
- In an effort to keep employee injuries to a minimum, will encourage all staff to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner. In all incidences, proper equipment must be used for the task being performed.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Why Work At The Y?
- Future employers respect the Y
When future employers see the Y on your resume, they think of an organization with global ties that has been around for more than 100 years. We have a reputation for hiring good people who do great things.
- Every day is something new
Whenever you work or wherever you work, every day is a new adventure. One moment you'll be helping kids with homework and the next you'll be leading a big art project or games outside.
- Free Y membership
When you work for the Y, we offer you all the perks of being a Y member including access to all branches and discounts on classes, child care, and camp.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mind
Part-time and full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for anyone!
- The best coworkers ever
Everyone that works at the Y shares a passion for making their communities a better place, especially for kids. Don't be surprised if you leave your Y with great professional experience and new friends.
Along with competitive pay, the YMCA of Greater Toledo offers exceptions benefits which include the following:
- Complimentary YMCA membership for all employees. Full time employees will receive a complimentary YMCA membership for their entire family.
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative and talented individuals.
- Full time employees are eligible to receive quality health insurance (medical, dental and vision) with affordable premiums.
- Full time employees also receive (at no cost to them) Long Term Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the YMCA's excellent retirement fund.
The YMCA of Greater Toledo is a drug free workplace and is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
YMCA of Greater Toledo
Sports and Recreation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?