We have an awesome opportunity for the critical position of Member Engagement Representative. In this role, you will provide our members exceptional customer service, developing strong and supportive relationships that provide motivation and guidance focused on the specific needs of each member. You will play an important role in connecting members with programs and activities that will help them achieve their goals. You will also assist people in the membership and program enrollment process.
1. Develops positive relationships including providing prompt and courteous service to members, participants and guests.
2. Conducts membership interviews, enrolls new members and provides motivational support and guidance. Processes member applications, including performing data entry.
3. Assists members and participants with program registration, answers inquiries, including member concerns and provides information on YMCA membership and programs. Refers members as appropriate to programs and/or staff based on member goals/interests.
4. Addresses and performs routine duties such as changing/handing out towels, checking locker rooms, handing out locker keys and cleaning equipment.
5. Balances and completes reports for financial transactions.
6. May control access to facility.
7. May open and/or close facility.
8. Supports member engagement and retention activities of the branch.
9. Provides guidance and support for assigned at-risk members and accurately maintains related records.
10. Conducts follow up on prospects who have not joined, as assigned.
11. Follow-ups on new member survey feedback, as assigned.
12. Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Who are you?
If you're the right candidate for the job, you love working with people. You can make people feel welcome and are curious about who they are and what they want to accomplish. You are as comfortable getting to know people as you are navigating online systems.You are able to learn new software systems, are detail oriented, and are able to shift gears from data entry to engaging with a member face to face. You step up and offer support at the first sign it's needed
You should be 16 years of age or older and have:
1. Six months or more of relevant work experience (sales, retail, reception, customer service, etc.).
2. Strong customer service skills, responding to multiple questions via phone, email and in person.
3. Basic computer skills.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana .
Sales, Membership, Engagement, Collaboration,
Type Regular Part-Time
\# of Openings 5
Location Coal Creek Family YMCA
Category Membership Services
Address 13750 Newcastle Golf Club Road