Summer Day Camp Counselor
Join us for an awesome summer filled with great experiences and unique opportunities to develop character, leadership, management skills and teamwork!
- Camp Aim & Camp Tree Hill
- To find the right location for you, visit: https://www.ycamps.org/contactus/summer-jobs/
- Morning Shifts
- Afternoon Shifts
- All-Day Shifts
- Camp is open from 7am-6pm and shifts are flexible
Responsible for planning, executing, and organizing summer activities including, but not limited to, art, sports, drama, music, and other fun activities. Must be familiar with behavioral characteristics and skill sets specific to children of these ages and able to plan programs accordingly. Must be able to adapt activities depending on size and skill of group.
- Supervision of program participants
- Organize and implement educational and sport activities
- Coordinate and supervise meal time, parent drop off and pick up
- Teach curriculum based programming
- Creating and managing a schedule, newsletter and communications
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- High school Diploma required
- Prior camp, or working with children experience
- Ability to play on a child’s level, and supervise from an adults level of safety
- Specialized skills i.e., EMT, lifeguard, Teaching certification
- Outdoor nature skills, or camp skills
- Arts skills, theater, crafting, singing
- Sports skills, coaching, playing, able to teach
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk on uneven surfaces; sit; handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is usually minimal to moderate.