Chief Financial Officer
- Expired: April 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for leading the organization's Finance, Accounting, Central Business Support, IT and Purchasing teams. This role provides strategic direction and leadership for the YMCA operations and investment initiatives and helps to develop and implement strategies that grow the asset base of the Association.
Salary Range: $140,000 - $165,000
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Please see attached job description for a detailed list)
Strategic Planning of Association's Operating Finances
- Establish aggressive annual budget targets and develops return on investment scenarios, manage banking and financial relationship, and develop a reliable cash flow projection and reporting process.
Supervision of Investment Portfolios
- Under the direction of the Investment Committee, manage investments according to the asset allocation policy.
- Supervise management of current cash accounts and reserves to maximize interest earnings.
Capital Financing Programs
- Develop reliable financial models to support Association's capital development projects.
- Create operating pro-formas to identify new project opportunities and risks.
- Build joint ventures, partners, and alliances to share the costs and risks, and enhance the benefits of major capital projects.
- Oversee Controller and Accounting (Accounts Payable, Receivable, Grant, Payroll, general accounting).
- Ensure internal control systems and compliance.
- Ensure audit, adoption of new accounting, and compliance with all external reporting.
- Maintain compliance of accounting records, documents, and transactions.
Central Billing & Business Support Teams
- Oversee Central Business Support team and Payment Registrar Team
- Provide system support including training and escalated customer resolution.
- Develop strategic plans to identify IT applications in support of business plans, and create new strategic options.
- Plan, administer, and control staffing and development, organization, hardware acquisitions, budget, and facilities for the information systems department.
- Direct the design, development and maintenance of systems, programs, and software.
- Develop strategic plans and policies to ensure compliance for purchasing.
- Review and negotiate vendor bids and contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or equivalent; MBA, CPA or CMA may be preferred.
- Eight or more years of substantive experience in accounting and financial management.
- Knowledge and understanding of general business matters required including budget development, financial reporting, cash management, business taxes, banking and debtfinancing instruments.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including experience with system selection, new system implementation and project management. Personal computer skills required.
- Experience with investment management and asset allocation preferred.
- Ability to expertly steward facility management leadership staff.
- Experience in effectively managing a staff team. Must be able to create and maintain an excellent culture of positive staff relationships with subordinates and peers.
- Previous experience with voluntary/nonprofit organizations preferred. Must have excellent presentation, and communication skills in which to communicate with all staff and the Board of Directors.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- Frequently required to sit and reach, and able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities including close and distance vision, and ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.
- Free membership to your local YMCA and discounted YMCA programs including childcare.
- Employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
YMCA of Greater Cleveland
1301 E 9th StCleveland, OH
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at YMCA of Greater Cleveland