Overnight Camp Business Manager
YMCA of Greater Boston Mirror Lake, NH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is primarily responsible for all day to day operations of the branch, including supervising accounts payable, payroll, computer training, and financial statement preparation. Additional responsibilities include assisting the Executive Director in all administrative areas. This position reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the Business Managers Team. This position is year-round but work intensity and pace is elevated during Camp season (June-August)
- Assure that the branch payroll is accurate and completed on time.
- Manage the accurate processing of all revenue passing through the Branch, including point of sale, credit and cash handling/storage and daily cash reconciliation from the main building and off-site.
- Assure that the branch expenses (both payroll and other expenses) are on budget, noting any variances or projected variances and sharing these concerns with program directors and the Executive Director.
- Monitor accounts receivable and assure that they are accurate.
- Assist the Executive Director and Program Directors in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Analyze monthly financial results, share with department directors.
- Manage monthly closing process in collaboration with Metro Finance office.
- Assist with involvement and preparation of special events, publications and advertising as needed.
- Manage the branch’s accounts receivable account to the lowest amount possible for Camp Fees for both North Woods/Pleasant Valley and Sandy Island Camps.
- Manage petty cash accounts.
- Manage all 3rd party and contract billing in accordance with the state or federal agency requirements.
- Supervise clerical/office staff (Seasonal and part-time).
- Coordinate finance related matters with the team at Sandy Island regularly.
- Assure that the resources of the YMCA (supplies and other consumables) are used in proper fashion, to minimize waste.
- Have an understanding of SGA. Manage accounts payable system insuring accurate, timely production of all purchase orders and payment of all vendors within allocated budgets.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the Finance Department.
- Assist in other areas as deemed necessary by the Executive Director or senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related area preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in management and supervision required Some weekend and evening work is expected. Monthly Manager on Duty shifts as needed.
- YMCA program experience preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee will spend the majority of his/her time working on the computer and phone. Some lifting will be required, since the maintenance of the office supplies is part of this job.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must have excellent phone and customer service skills both in-person and over the phone and email.
- Ability to learn and develop expertise on multiple technology platforms (CampMinder, HR, SGA for finance)
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
YMCA of Greater Boston
AddressMirror Lake, NH
BusinessView all jobs at YMCA of Greater Boston