School Success Coordinator
- Expired: July 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The is the nation's leading nonprofit organization and is committed to strengthening communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. Do work that Matters! The Y offers more than just a job - we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
School Success Coordinator:
This position oversees a School Age program for families and children that provides an experience that exceeds standards for a school age program.
During the school year (September - May), the School Success Coordinator offices out of their assigned elementary school location.
As a School Success Coordinator, you will:
- Manage and supervise the School Age program at the elementary school.
- Engage with the YMCA participants during the school day in their classrooms.
- Learn more deeply about each child and their academic, social & emotional needs, as demonstrated in their full school day.
- Work with the classroom Teachers to understand the needs of the students.
- Work with school personnel to gain knowledge of the guidelines for playground safety, school safety, and classroom protocols.
- Meet weekly with principals or other designated personnel to ensure clear communication and to plan the alignment of learning activities.
- Plan, implement, and supervise the day-to-day operations of the School Age Learning Center Program.
- Supervise the Learning Center Leaders and Learning Center Site Supervisors.
- Communicate regularly and clearly with program parents - written and oral, formally and informally.
School Success Coordinator Pay & Benefits:
- Site Coordinator 1: $35,568+ (Starting pay is dependent on experience/education)
- Site Coordinator 2: $40,000+ (Starting pay is dependent on experience/education)
- Full Time - Exempt
- Free Family/Household Package YMCA Membership
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance:
- The cost is shared by the YMCA and the employee. Participation may begin after 30 days of Full Time Employment. See the benefits link for rates on our website.
- Paid Time Off - Full Time employees will begin accruing PTO immediately upon their Full Time employment start date.
- The YMCA believes that time away from work is beneficial to your health and welfare. PTO includes all vacation, sick and holiday time combined into one account. You will start accruing PTO immediately upon hire and you may begin using it immediately.
- The amount that you accrue is based on the amount of hours that you worked in that pay period, and the amount accrued is based on your years of service. For someone working 40 hours per week, the accrual rate is as follows: 0-2 years of employment: 6.48 hours per pay period (or 21 days per year); 2-5 years of employment: 8 hours per pay period (or 26 days per year); 5+ years of employment: 9.52 hours per pay period (or 31 days per year).
- 12% Retirement Plan - The YMCA will automatically contribute an additional 12% of the eligible employees monthly income into their YMCA Retirement Plan when the following requirements are met:
- Visit our website to see detailed information and more of the
School Success Coordinator Qualifications:
At least 20 years old AND
- one year of paid experience working with children in a school age program or similar setting AND one year of paid supervisory experience OR
- two years of paid experience working with children in a school age program or similar setting
- Within 30 days of hire: CPR/First Aid for Adult, Child, Pediatrics
- Within 90 days of hire: 15 hours of basic childcare training through Child Care Aware
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field OR
- An AIM4Excellence Director's Credential OR
- A Bachelor's Degree in an unrelated field and two years of directly related experience (in addition to the required experience)
- An Associate's (CDA) Degree in a related field and four years of directly related experience (in addition to the required experience)
We invite you to join us in this amazing work to develop your skills, to realize your leadership potential and to discover a career that is more than just a job.
The YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties conducts a pre-employment background check on all employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties
EducationView all jobs at YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties