Groundskeeper - Camp Moody
YMCA of Austin Buda, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y's purpose is to strengthen the community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you'll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
Camp Moody is seeking a Groundskeeper to join our team. We are looking for applicants that are available to work up to 28 hours per week.
Under the guidance of the Hays YMCA Occupancy Director, the Camp Moody Occupancy Coordinator is responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscaping and grounds surrounding Camp Moody. Mows, trim, and maintains the grounds at the Camp Moody location.
- Free membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600/year value)
- Flexible schedules
- Resume builder
- Paid training hours
- Opportunities for advancement for high achievers who fit well with our culture.
What are the details?
- Perform groundskeeping duties.
- Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment
- Mow lawn either by hand or zero-turning mower.
- Cut lawn using hand tools and trim and edge around walks and fences.
- Apply pesticide to rid grounds of pests such as fire ants, mosquitoes, wasps, ticks, and others.
- Apply fertilizer to the ground to enhance growth.
- Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger.
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds.
- Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
What you bring to the Purpose?
- Over the age of 21
- Must be able to perform physical labor for prolonged periods in a wide range of climatic conditions
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance of the following equipment:
- Cultivators and Tillers
- Fertilizer Spreaders
- Graders or Land levelers
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 100 pounds
- Must have a current driving license and reliable transportation to work location
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA
- Current CPR/Basic First Aid preferred
Pay Rate: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour, depending on experience
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Powered by JazzHR
YMCA of Austin
Real EstateView all jobs at YMCA of Austin