Director of Beverage
YC Food and Beverage Big Sky, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Function as a strategic businessleader of Yellowstone Club beverage operations. Oversee the development andimplementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of thebrand service strategy and brand initiatives, while maintaining a focus on thetenants of “Montana Hospitality” values and Service Excellence. The positionensures the beverage department and operation meets the brand’s target memberneeds and ensures employee engagement. Focuses on growing revenues througheducation and building long-term relationships with members, guests and vendors.Develops and implements club wide strategies that deliver products and servicesto exceed the needs and expectations of the club’s membership and clubs’employees, while providing a return on investment.
The Beverage Director isaccountable for setting up new wine inventory items, maintaining par levelswith licensee of operation, creating and correcting purchase orders,maintaining spirits, beer, wine pricing and submission to the POS system (TEI),processing of cost transfers/ inventory controls through inventory OS and communicatingwith staff and vendors in a clear and professional manner.
- Work prefers a degree in Beverage Management
- Work requires at least 5 years food and beverage experienceand/or training or equivalent combination of same.
- Minimum of 3 years Beverage ManagementLeadership experience in resort or club environment
- Work prefers Level 2 Sommelier certificationthrough Court of Master Sommeliers
- Follows and upholds all Montana Department ofRevenue regulations.
- Strategy of club focus is 75% Wine, 20% Spiritsand 5% Beer
- Responsible for supporting membership, allrestaurants, retail program, special events, in-home requirements with respectto all spirits, beer and wine requirements.
- The Beverage Director works closely with financeand other strategic alliances to include (Vendor Relations), Warehouse Manager,Restaurant, Special Events Operations and the POS Programmer in maintaining theproper inventories and pricing.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages and monitors the club’s beverage categories to include Spirits, Beer & Wine to ensure adherence to all Montana Department of Revenue regulations
- Ensures that revenue goals are met and identify opportunities where necessary by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation, driving necessary change, all without compromising member or employee satisfaction.
- Presence is required beginning in afternoons through volume over 70% of the scheduled week in order to work with direct reports.
- Coaches and supports restaurant management to effectively manage COG’s and controllable expenses (e.g., beverage supplies, uniforms, etc).
- Establishes challenging, realistic, and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
- Sets expectations and holds restaurant leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors.
- Makes recommendations for CAPEX funding of food and beverage equipment and projects in accordance with brand business strategy.
- Works with beverage leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Ensures that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of beverage (e.g. pre-shift briefings, team meetings, etc.).
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire food and beverage team and ensure direct reports do the same for their team.
- Stays aware of market trends and introduces new beverage concepts or products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
- Develops a department operating strategy that is aligned with the division and brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Ensures that all safety, preventive maintenance, environment checks and other standards are consistently met.
- Helps plan and approve staffing and scheduling procedures, job description/specifications for all department staff.
- Hires team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation
- Assures that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are planned and implemented.
- Monitor industry and market trends and propose adjustments to menus, pricing, and compensation accordingly.
- Develops new techniques of service towards maximizing guest satisfaction and minimum operating costs.
- Reviews findings from social media, Medallia, Forbes, etc, with teams and ensures appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Ensures that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates and encourages an environment for the team to raise questions and/or concerns.
- Informs and/or update executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Establishes plans to deliver quality and excellence resulting in the long-range continued growth of the Food and Beverage division.
- Work closely with the Sommeliers and General Managers to ensure the wine program is specific to the restaurant, tailored to the concept and cuisine and represents quality and guest satisfaction in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Beverage Director, Mixologist and General Managers to deliver a beverage program that represents quality, and guest satisfaction in accordance with established policies and procedures.
People Management and Training
- Provide supervision, direction and leadership to the team to achieve department goals.
- Delegate tasks fairly and equitably among the beverage teams and encourages teamwork.
- Coach, motivate, counsel, and evaluate staff and encourage their participation in decision-making.
- Identify and develop each Team Member’s individual strengths to maximize team performance.
- Conduct daily briefings and disseminate company information to management teams.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Establishes quantity and quality output standards for personnel in all positions within the department.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Coaches team by providing specific feedback to improve performance.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Company and Department Responsibilities
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures and comply with the Code of Conduct.
- Remain well-mannered and well-groomed as per department and company standards.
- Follow health and safety standards and strive for constant improvement to avoid health and injury hazards.
- Participate in the company recycling program and follow a strict discipline to reduce, re-use and recycle wherever possible.
- Suggest creative ideas to enhance Food and Beverage service team’s image and offering.
- Attend department and inter-department meetings and share relevant information.
- Encourage good relationships, promote team spirit, and ensure effective two-way and multicultural communications.
YC Food and Beverage
AddressBig Sky, MT
FoodView all jobs at YC Food and Beverage