Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - 3/12 Overnight & Day
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
YAI is a network of agencies offering people with intellectual and developmental disabilities a comprehensive range of services across all ages. YAI empowers people with disabilities to reach their goals every day. Our enthusiastic staff of 4,000 professionals believes that everyone has a fundamental right to live, love, work, and learn.
We seek an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work in our residential group homes. The LPN will assist in providing medical insight in Manhattan. Working in an increasingly autonomous role, you will participate in the assessment, planning, and implementation of medical care and provide oversight and training of direct care staff in monitoring the medical systems. Additionally, you will participate in team meetings and provide medically related in-services to program staff.
- Wound care, medication management, G-Tube administration, etc.
- Report any inconsistencies in our member’s condition and family situation
- Document reports and observations
- Interacts with patients and families
- Teach appropriate self-care techniques
- Consult with Case Manager/MD in determining plan of care
- Notify Case Manager, MD, and/or families of changes in member’s condition
- Maintains reporting systems
- Report abuse or unsafe/illegal practices
- Make recommendations to improve quality of life for member
Each IRA has:
- Maximum of (8) members with I/DD (intellectual and developmental disabilities)
- Direct Support Professionals to assist with Activities of Daily Living
- NYS Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) License
- Tue, Thu, Sun, every 3rd Sat. 7a-7p (Day)
- Mon, Wed, Fri, every 3rd Sat. 7a-7p (Day)
- Mon, Wed, Fri, every 3rd Sat. 7p-7a (Overnight)
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience
YAI has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for its staff. If hired, you will be required to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine pursuant to this policy from a provider of your choice, unless you are granted a reasonable accommodation based upon disability or religion pursuant to federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in learning more about our benefits and compensation package, please apply with a PDF version of your resume!
Once we’ve reviewed your candidacy, please look out for a link to schedule a brief phone call.
For more information about the YAI Network, please visit our website at www.yai.org. Equal Opportunity Employer
314 East 35th StreetNew York, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at YAI
Get fresh RN Developmental Disabilities jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.