Project Analyst and Project Associate (IT – Multiple Openings)
Xyster Consulting, Inc. is seeking Project Analysts and Associates for engagements based in Boston, MA, and Reston, VA.
At Xyster, the Project Analyst analyzes, documents, measures and tracks the requirements and progress of a project throughout its lifecycle, helping ensure the project team achieves its objectives within scope, schedule and budget. The Project Analyst is involved in a broad spectrum of work required to support a large project team consisting of multiple technology tracks and areas.
The Project Associate will drive the success of operational and strategic objectives on client project(s) by helping the Project Management Office (PMO) Manager in directing all PMO functions. The objective of the role is to manage the execution of the client’s technical projects while adhering to the defined scope, timelines and performance metrics. To that end, the Project Associate will help to develop and implement processes & practices, work with other project management staff and third-party contractors or consultants, and regularly interface with senior management on the client side.
The Project Analyst must have an interest in honing the below set of competencies:
The Project Analyst is not expected to have prior knowledge of the project domain; however, they must have an interest in honing the below set of competencies:
- Work with key business stakeholders to analyze, define and document project requirements and business processes
- Assist the project manager with preparing high-level and detailed project plans through flowcharts, project planning software, etc.
- Actively manage the project calendar and resource schedules
- Design and develop reporting standards for the organization through issues tracking, communications, and documents management (Meeting Minutes, Meeting Follow-Up, Issues Tracking, Change Control)
- Monitor progress against project plans, develop presentations, communicate status to project teams and key stakeholders on a frequent basis
- Serve as a source of business analysis and research for the various functional teams within the project
- Coordinate with cross functional teams, business stakeholders, and project managers at the various stages of project development, including scoping, technical design, development, testing, implementation, and release planning
- Review and report on the project’s budget and finances
Project Associate role encompasses the broad spectrum of work required to support and manage large project teams consisting of multiple functional tracks, and are expected to be responsible for the following core responsibilities:
- Manage and actively participate in all stages of the project cycle, from initiation to closure. This includes scoping, design, development, testing, and implementation, as applicable
- Assist with developing, managing and maintaining comprehensive project plans and schedules
- Help coordinate requirements gathering workshops with internal customers and stakeholders to develop new policies and process flows
- Manage the implementation and communication of any enhancements or changes to products, services, and technological resources
- Actively monitor project risks, issues, exceptions and escalations and communicate project status to business stakeholders and senior management.
- Act as a liaison across all functional areas, including business units, information technology and external vendors.
- Help manage cross functional project teams, conduct task assignment, follow up to ensure timely completion, and triage issues as required
- Serve as a source of general business analysis support on various project initiatives, which drive process improvement. This can include research analysis, data gathering, business process reingineering and more.
- 0 to 2 years of experience in working with management and workflow processes that are required to enable corporate support services (e.g. IT Infrastructure, Finance, HR, Legal, Corporate Real Estate, IT, Procurement, Risk and Compliance, etc.)
- Ability to work in a project-based environment, which involves coordinating with multiple individuals and teams
- Strong analytical skills (qualitative/quantitative) and attention to detail
- Excellent, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Prior customer service/client facing role highly desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), willingness to obtain advanced proficiency
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio, SharePoint, willingness to obtain advanced proficiency
- Willingness to work in any of our client locations
- Can-do attitude and willingness to work extended hours if needed
- Two or more years of working within a cross functional project-based environment, utilizing established project management methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience with developing and delivering management - level presentations and proposals
- Excellent time management and coordination skills, with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities while adhering to set timelines
- Ability to work cooperatively with a large group of people from different backgrounds
- (technical and non-technical)
- Possess strong leadership skills, with the ability to provide constructive criticism, feedback and solutions.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office, and Visio. MS Project is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint software
- This description is intended to summarize the general nature and level of duties performed by someone in the Project Analyst and Project Associate roles. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills associated with the job. Responsibilities may vary based on the client engagement and project
Undergraduate Degree (Technology Background preferred)
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and a brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org