1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We're a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world's water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role : The Project Manager/Sr Project Manager role will be be responsible for overseeing the equipment design, coordinating the review and approval of equipment submittals, scheduling production, and handling any issues during installation. They will manage the scope, schedule, and cost of the equipment to deliver the project on time and under budget. This role also takes a more leadership approach at managing larger and more complex projects, working on special projects, and coordinating broader project management processes.
The Treatment Organization of Xylem manufactures ozone, filtration, biological, and disinfection water treatment equipment for use at water and wastewater treatment facilities. A municipality typically hires an installing contractor and a consulting engineer to manage the construction and installation. Xylem often enters into an equipment Agreement with the installing contractor. The Xylem Project Manager will coordinate the design, manufacturing, and shipping of equipment and manage aspects of the installation and commissioning of equipment. Projects start at business award and conclude once the equipment is commissioned and placed into warranty.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review project documents; examples include contracts, plans, specifications and all related documentation in their entirety and tailor project deliverables accordingly.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers, consultants, suppliers, representatives and colleagues as necessary to effectively execute project deliverables.
- Review technical design and layout.
- Review and prepare data packages, submittal, and fabrication drawings.
- Review all electrical, mechanical, and civil aspects of project with appropriate staff.
- Document and communicate all deviations to the contract in the submittals.
- Upon receiving approvals from customer, release all equipment to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure compliance with project schedules.
- Interface with Operations staff for supply chain deadlines.
- Coordinate scope of work and pricing with third party vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare schedule of values for billing purposes.
- Coordinate installation and commissioning services.
- Issue warranty letter and follow project through warranty period. Notify appropriate accounting/finance personnel of warranty start and end dates.
- Travel to project sites, supplier's factories and technical conferences as required.
- Maintain an understanding of core process and control systems.
- Manages some of the project management staff administrative functions such as scheduling, field services management, database refreshing or documentation updates.
- Serve as a mentor to staff members and constituents.
- Participate and lead special projects as needed.
- Serve on special committees for the broader Treatment organization as necessary.
- Assist with product research and development as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Business Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Preferably 5+ years experience in engineering related project management environment; ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Possess the required communication, problem solving, organizational and leadership skills for internal and external customer service and be a self-starter
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Professional Engineer and/or Project Management (PMI) certifications preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications.
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to make difficult phone calls
- Proactive, "can-do" attitude
- Technical and mechanical aptitude
- Strong business acumen
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to read financial statements and CAD drawings
- Supervisory of junior staff
- Ability to dispatch work quickly and correctly
- Complex project management
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Occasional exposure to shop and field elements at municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities
- Occasional exposure to shop and field elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Domestic and international travel up to 20%