Xsys, Inc. has operated as a business-to-business IT consulting and professional services company for over 30 years.
We are seeking to fill a position for a level 2 or 3 technician.
- Maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies.
- Contribute to company vision and direction by helping improve technical practices as well as choosing key technologies.
- Provide superb technical system and user support.
- Establish, maintain, and increase client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and caring service.
- Identify client needs and design, propose, and implement solutions, including writing recommendations, specifying equipment, and assisting with or directly writing proposals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client network and computer system issues.
- Manage or coordinate installation, upgrade or deployment projects, including providing on-site direction for other technicians or engineers.
- Receive and resolve IT trouble tickets logged through ticket tracking system
- Assist other IT staff with additional support or projects when needed
- Assist in Help Desk functions answering phones, e-mails, and tracking issues
- Install, upgrade, and maintain IT hardware and software
- Follows instructions and IT policies to perform functions
- Ability to work independently
- Document all incident and problem calls in tracking software
- Provide status to users on the progress of their issue resolution
- Follow up with other IT personnel for resolution progress
- Excellent customer service skills a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of support and troubleshooting techniques for the following:
- Enterprise and standalone Windows PCs
- Peripherals (printer, scanner, etc.)
- Small networks including DSL configurations, Broadband, and secure WiFi
- Microsoft productivity software
- Active Directory experience
- File Security and permission
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to explain IT concepts to non-IT professionals, notably with end user training and coaching
- Ability to handle several issues at the same time
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills, working face-to-face and on-site with customers.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience and expertise in Microsoft Windows Server products 2003, 2008, and 2012, Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2013, and related technologies such as backup systems, emails systems, virus protection, desktop operating systems, etc.
- Detailed theoretical and practical knowledge of IP protocols, firewalls, and routers.
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting centralized network infrastructure such as routers, hubs, switches, etc.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience with Windows Servers and Active Directory
- Experience with Virtualization
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and management of the same.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows OS networking technology.
- Familiarity and understanding with IT policies and procedures.
- Experience working in a technical support environment.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts, security, and practices.
- Ability to diagnose networking issues/problems.
- Ability to install and maintain routers and firewalls in a network environment.
- Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity issues, failed Windows server and failed Exchange Servers.
Additional Qualifications Desirable:
- Process oriented to plan, analyze, design, implement & support.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the technical & business community.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize workload and transition between multiple issues/tasks.