Due to our continued growth, Xquisite Landscaping is a hiring a Plant Buyer to join our team. The candidate is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. This role will be to source plants and nursery supplies for awarded projects. This is a fast-paced position that requires organization, time management, and communication skills. Responsibilities consist of attention to detail while working on multiple projects at once.
Immediate; Applications/Resumes are accepted until a suitable candidate is selected
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Order plant materials per job specifications
- Negotiate prices and product quality with suppliers, vendors and other representatives
- Look for new growers and new products
- Develop relationships with local growers
- Coordinate deliveries with field superintendents and nurseries/suppliers
- Monitor shipments to ensure product comes in on time and resolve problems related to incorrect or undelivered product
- Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences to network with people in other purchasing departments
- Maintain computerized records of items purchased, costs, deliveries per project
- Evaluate current and anticipated requirements, determine potential sources, and stimulate competition.
- Travel is required for this position – tagging plant material for projects.
- 3+ years Horticulture/green industry buying experience
- Wholesale and large nursery experience is helpful
- Must be skilled in Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Practice integrity, reliability and honesty in all business transactions
- Work with co-workers as a team to ensure success
- Ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Benefits package to include; 401(K), Dental, Vacation, PTO and Paid Holidays.