Xpress Global Systems is currently seeking an experienced Transportation professional to join our management team. This person must be a results driven manager with a positive attitude and a track record of achieving goals.
Who we are at Xpress Global Systems:
Xpress Global Systems is proud to offer our customers a world of diverse and focused transportation solutions. At Xpress Global Systems, our world revolves around service to our customers and finding integrated solutions that add value to your supply chain.
With more than 40 years of collective experience in serving the needs of the floor covering industry, Xpress Global Systems is the unquestioned leader in a transportation arena that has expanded far beyond simply hauling truckloads of carpet. Xpress Global stands today as the premier, one-stop floor coverings logistics provider. We have an extensive track record of success handling a variety of floor covering products, including all types of hard surfaces, rugs and, of course, carpet.
Delivering a World of Difference, One Truck Load at a Time
Oversee the day-to-day operations. Mediate and facilitate resolution on any issues that might develop between operating entities of XGS, customers, vendors and agents; Provide Executive Management with continuous informational and service/financial reports as to the level of activity within service center operations; Ensure implementation and compliance with standard operating procedures as defined by Executive Management; Maintain a Union Free environment and foster positive employee relations. The Service Center Manager manages dispatch and dock operations for a Service Center. Responsibilities include routing and loading; dock operations; and inventory control in an LTL environment. This includes management of the Service Center; driver, dock and operations personnel; safety and compliance.
- Develop, implement and maintain service center operations in a manner that maximizes Company profits while ensuring compliance with all Labor Laws, OSHA, DOT and company policies.
- Review, monitor and control P&L for service center location. Implement effective operations strategy to react appropriately to changes in revenue or expense such as to maximize company profits.
- Create driver route assignments and dispatch drivers in a manner that optimizes profitability.
- Ensure that trailers are loaded and unloaded to meet service requirements. Manage, direct and train dockworkers in warehouse operations. Load and unload freight. Move products with a lift truck and by hand
- Create and assign subordinates work schedules. Maintain proper staffing to support operations based on freight volumes. Adjust work schedules and staffing levels as needed to optimize profits while meeting service requirements.
- Ensure all Company equipment is properly maintained. Ensure preventive maintenance on Company equipment is done on schedule. Coordinate repair and replacement of equipment as needed.
- Ensure Service Center is properly maintained. Identify and negotiate vendor agreements for Service Center. Identify and coordinate needed repairs.
- Analyze structure, methods and performance of service center operations to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Develop and Implement operational procedures that enhance the financial performance of XGS while insuring that Safety, Quality, & Service standards are met or exceeded.
- Develop and implement training procedures for service center staff.
- Interface with Linehaul Operations to ensure timely arrivals and departures. Assist line-haul operations with day-to-day optimization at the service center level.
- Train employees on operations procedures and safety topics.
- Provide ad-hoc and standard reports to management.
- Place sales calls and develop relationships with current customers and potential customers. Identify opportunities for new business. Submit RFP or work with sales to submit RFP for new business.
- Other duties as assigned
Apply at email@example.com