Find the Xpress Way to a Better Career. Join the Xpress Global Team Today!Immediate Openings for Local CDL Class A Driver / Dockworker ComboCompany Benefits;
- Local Job
- Hourly Pay Plus Stop Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, and More
- Paid Time Off
Local Driver Job Requirements:
- Minimum of Six Verifiable Months Tractor Trailer Experience
- Must Be at Least 21 Years Old
- Requires a CDL Class A license
About Xpress Global Systems
Xpress Global Systems is proud to offer our customers a world of diverse and focused transportation solutions. At Xpress Global Systems, our world revolves around service to our customers and finding integrated solutions that add value to your supply chain.
With more than 40 years of collective experience in serving the needs of the floor covering industry, Xpress Global Systems is the unquestioned leader in a transportation arena that has expanded far beyond simply hauling truckloads of carpet. Xpress Global stands today as the premier, one-stop floor coverings logistics provider. We have an extensive track record of success handling a variety of floor covering products, including all types of hard surfaces, rugs and, of course, carpet.
Delivering a World of Difference, One Truck Load at a Time.
To sort, segregate, load and unload cargo in a warehouse. As needed, to deliver cargo to and for customers in an allotted period of time in a safe manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, state, and federal regulations.
- Load and unload freight using a lift truck and by hand. Sort and segregate freight by destination; Verify freight counts; Scan trailer door bar codes to ensure freight is loaded into correct location; Follows bar code scanner operating procedures and policies
- Verify shipping information from the scan unit to ensure freight is labeled to go to the correct destination
- Scan barcode on freight being unloaded as needed. Send barcode information to hyster scan unit
- Report overage, shortages and damages according to operating procedures
- May review loaded trailer margin, weight distribution, split shipment, and urgent deliveries
- Operate a truck over roads, highways and interstates to pick up and deliver cargo to and from customers and/or loading terminals. Obey all traffic laws and drive with caution while operating the motor vehicle. May attach bar codes to freight for tracking and routing
- Actively pursue an excellent working relationship with customers by ensuring prompt and courteous service. Display a professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Select an efficient route in compliance with delivery instructions and fuel policy.
- Prepare and submit logs in compliance with DOT regulations and company policy.
- When making pickups, verify that load information, destination information, and dispatch instructions are correct.
- Verify that seals and trailer numbers correspond on documents before leaving pick up locations
- Verify all items listed on the work order/bill of lading are delivered and provide the customer with an accurate bill of lading on delivery.
- Ensure that freight is handled and stored according to customer specifications. Perform necessary trailer duties and follow all cargo procedures for freight type.
- Work with customers to resolve issues and report any issues to appropriate management.
- Maintain effective and clear communications with management and customers and notify Operations of any service issues that arise.
- Immediately report damage or other claim issues that arise to customer or site personnel while on site and then to the Claims Department. Immediately report any damage to equipment or third parties to the Claims Department.
- Inspect truck for safety and maintenance needs and make sure obtain appropriate maintenance (e.g., lights, safety equipment, etc.).
- Communicate safe storage and handling procedures to customers.
- Maintain a clean and neat physical appearance.
- Maintain a clean vehicle.
- Ability to work on XGS site while performing essential functions
- May include other duties as assigned by Management.