YogaSix Lead Yoga Instructor
- Posted: over a month ago
Yoga Teacher for Vinyasa-Based Heated Yoga & Sculpt Studio (HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA)
YogaSix Hollywood is a brand new studio looking for dedicated teachers that want to grow and take their teaching to the next level, and have the desire to join an amazing tribe of teachers that is changing lives. We are seeking warm, outgoing, engaging team members who thrive in a community environment and are committed to guiding classes that are empowering, energizing, and FUN. Teachers are hired as employees (not independent contractors) as we invest in your development and growth.
Qualities of Great YogaSix Teachers:
- The ability to create connection
- Knowledge of the techniques and material
- The ability to communicate and the willingness to be in conversation
- Being a gate keeper of the space
- Being willing to tune in to our needs and the needs of our team members
- Leading from a place of rich personal experience
- Committed to always remain a student themselves, eager for growth, coaching, and continued development
- Leads the team of teachers to uphold the YogaSix Methodology through continual education
- Serves as the brand advocate for each modality (format) taught
- Develops their team of yoga teachers within the studio to create the best possible experience
- Responsible for managing the schedule for the studio of teachers
- Participates in weekly meetings with our master trainers for development and then cascades that information to their team
- Auditions teachers and guides them through the onboarding process
- Arrive to studio a minimum of 15 minutes prior to class start time
- Create a personal connection with each student
- Create a class experience that shows your personality and skills while adhering to the Yoga Six standards and guidelines for each of the six core class types
- Set up class room appropriately: Props, Mat Spacing, Music, Lighting
- Provide top notch class instruction
- Follow up with students after class
- Clean studio space
- Build community and connection
- Outgoing personality with a strong desire to provide exceptional client service
- Genuine ability to connect with complete strangers on a personal level
- Willingness to grow and remain a student forever
- A sense of humor
- Demonstrate the ability to teach a safe, fun, and creative class with a genuine interest in student success, whether novice or seasoned practitioner
- Minimum 200 hour Yoga Alliance Certification
- 1+ years teaching experience preferred
- Current CPR Certification
- Must be physically able to walk through the classroom freely in order to demo postures and transitions in a heated room, monitor students' movements, provide them with hands-on adjustments (as needed and if desired by students) and to facilitate dynamic, energizing, empowering and fun yoga and fitness classes
- Must be able to walk up flight(s) of stairs as the studio building does not have elevators.
- Able to demonstrate exercises relevant to class style, as is frequently required.
- Physically able to lift and carry 1-10 lb. equipment
- Adjust and operate equipment.
- Strong verbal skills (proficient in speaking and understanding English)
Equal Opportunity Employment
YogaSix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, YogaSix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Note: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job as they may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, and join the incredible tribe of teaching professionals at YogaSix:
- E-mail HollywoodStudioGM@yogasix.com with the subject line "Teacher Position" and attach the following documents.
- PDF of 200hr Teaching Certificate
Screened candidates will be invited to an initial interview, and those that move forward will be asked to submit an audition video.
Compensation: Class rate varies on experience/ability/formats.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Xponential Fitness
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?