IT Support Specialist II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assist in maintaining the networks, servers, operating systems and communication links. Manage the resources dedicated to supporting office automation, PCs and end-user equipment, network and systems security and database administration. Provide backup help desk support and system updates/upgrades. This position will also provide IT support availability when an IT staff person is out of the office as well as being on call for branch help desk weekend support.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· Direct or assist in special projects as required.
· Participates in planning for the department and provides written recommendations to select and utilize appropriate technologies to meet the evolving needs of the credit union and its members.
· Work closely with the network, security and hardware/software maintenance and monitoring vendors to ensure the security, reliability and efficiency of the credit union's network and system hardware and software.
· Participate in the development and testing of credit union disaster recovery plan as it applies to the credit union's network, security, hardware and software as well as overseeing maintenance of hardware and software at the credit union's disaster recovery site(s).
· Provide backup to staff in monitoring the XP2 Host system, Audio Response telephone system, Internet Banking system and all other systems that integrate with the XP2 Host.
· Performs other job related duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
Ensure organization and neatness of computer operations work area.
Maintain compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Safeguard credit union assets at all times.
Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in the policy and procedures manual, and the employee handbook.
· Assist staff in performing daily, monthly and year-end processing and reporting related to the XP2 system as well as performing system hardware and software upgrades and updates.
· Troubleshoot branch equipment and general application issues; Field tech-related calls escalated to IT for members with Internet Banking Issues.
· Perform system updates and upgrades as well as general support
Fiserv XP2 Servers and Apps
General Server Maintenance and Management
3rd Party servers and apps
Create reports for Management
LynxGate - Card processing host
Nautilus - Document Imaging host
IMM - Receipts, checks and lending document processing
Wisdom - General ledger host
· Maintain knowledge of all policies and procedures applicable to your position. Maintain compliance with all regulations, understanding compliance issues, and receive proper training as they relate to the position.
· To assure prompt response to and accurate recovery from systems and network related production interruptions, across multiple hardware platforms, networks and operating systems.
· To identify opportunities to improve services to the credit union and its members through use of new products and technologies.
· To anticipate system and network security/integrity risks and assure adequate safeguards including (but not limited to) timely responses to network and security alerts received from monitoring systems.
· To ensure that network users, user environment and directories are established and maintained on a regular basis.
· To provide friendly, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
Knowledge and Skills:
Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
(1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Previous data processing experience including networks, PCs, data communications, mainframe and PC programming and data organization.
Technical planning, project management and supervisory experience.
Ability to discuss technical issues effectively with other data processing professionals as well as non-technical users.
Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work and travel independently and use general office equipment, give speeches and make presentations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands: Lift up to 50 lbs of weight with the help of another.
Work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to weather conditions, if floating.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Get fresh Network Operations Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.