Inspire the next generation of innovators.
Become part of Discovery, a vibrant, high-quality Montessori community for children aged 10 weeks to 6 years.
We are conducting a search for on-call substitute teachers to support our infant, toddler, and preschool/kindergarten programs. Working under the direction of a trained Montessori guide, you will support multiple rooms/programs when other staff are out sick or on vacation. Montessori education or experience is not required; we will provide training as part of our orientation and on-boarding program.
This is an entry-level opportunity and is designed for early childhood educators who are early in their careers or those who prefer the flexibility of a less-than-full-time position. We generally recruit from within, so the best substitute teachers may be invited to join us on a part- or full-time basis when such opportunities become available.
Do you want to be part of a one-of-a-kind school community that is inspiring the next generation of innovators? Are you experienced working with children ages 0 – 6? Have you completed at least 12 college-level early childhood education credits (including at least three credits in infant/toddler care and development) and are you trained in CPR and first aid? If so, we will reward your commitment and make you feel valued with:
- Competitive compensation -- $15 - $16 per hour to start
- On-going training and professional development
Discovery is a collaboration between Xplor Education and a leading Southern California aerospace company to form an innovative Montessori community for children of our collaborator's employees. While their parents develop the breakthroughs that are revolutionizing space exploration, their children will grow into the next generation of innovators in a way that only authentic Montessori can provide.
Discovery's beautiful facility is located in Hawthorne, California, near the intersection of Crenshaw Boulevard and El Segundo Boulevard.
About Xplor Education
Xplor Education partners with America's most innovative companies to provide distinctive Montessori early childhood education that leads to more capable individuals, happier families, healthier organizations, and stronger communities.
Invitation to Apply
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Enjoy working with children aged 0 – 6;
- Are warm, joyful, and professional;
- Are generally flexible and able to work on short notice;
- Have earned at least 12 college-level early childhood education credits (including at least three credits in infant/toddler care and development);
- Have valid CPR and first aid certification, or willingness to become CPR and first aid-certified before your first day of employment;
- Have negative TB test results within the last 12 months or willingness to take a TB test which show negative results before your first day of employment; and
- Are a US citizen or green cardholder.
We would prefer you over other candidates if you:
- Are familiar with the Montessori method and/or have a genuine interest in and/or appreciation for this educational approach;
- Have experience working in high-quality preschools; and
- Have interesting hobbies, skills, and life experiences.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application. Thank you