The Restaurant Manager is responsible to oversee and direct the seamless running of the restaurant and supervising all team members. The Restaurant Manager must take the lead when the General Manager is off duty, provide highly efficient and effective service while ensuring that all financial and statutory requirements are met, as well as ensuring the delivery of outstanding service to our guests.
- Coach, develop, and lead by example
- Ensure staff is properly equipped with the tools to complete their tasks
- Touch tables ensuring guest satisfaction
- Recognize and cultivate regular guests and repeat business
- Create an environment of trust and mutual respect
- Maintain highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control, and consistency of service
- Manage staffing levels and controllable costs ensuring they are in line with budget
- Ensures that private events, catering, and banquets are successfully executed
- Adhere to company’s cash handling procedures
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition
- Complete nightly logs and manager reports
- Responsible for complete life cycle of all team members to include hiring, training, coaching/counseling, skill development and terminations
- Provide guests with accurate and thorough information regarding menu items, pricing, and allergen information
- Respond to guest concerns/complaints and correct errors or resolve complaints while maintaining a positive attitude
- Possess complete understanding of the employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within it
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures and all state and federal liquor laws
- Maintain company safety and sanitation standards
- Ensure complete and proper check out procedures
- Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as assigned
This job description is a summary of duties, it is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide of expected duties.
It was in 1954 that Mexican casual dining was introduced to SoCal with the opening of El Torito Restaurant . Half a century later, Mexican fare has become an integral part of the American dining experience. With its vast portfolio of restaurants and contemporary taquerías, Xperience Restaurant Group continues to honor the flavorful history of Mexican cuisine, leading the way through culinary innovation, superior hospitality and rich and infused flavors.
From the always popular traditional dishes served up at El Torito; to the sophisticated layers of flavor derived of simple ingredients and a wood-fired mesquite grill at El Torito Grill; to the fresh and simple neighborhood favorites plated at Acapulco and Chevys Fresh Mex, Xperience Restaurant Group is a leading Mexican full-service casual dining operator.
Our portfolio of brands include: El Torito Restaurants, Acapulco Mexican Restaurants, Chevys Fresh Mex® Restaurants, El Torito Grill Restaurants, Pink Taco on the Sunset strip in LA and downtown Chicago, Las Brisas Restaurant in Laguna Beach, CA and Sinigual Restaurant in New York City.
Xperience Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.