Restaurant General Manager-Chevys Fresh Mex
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Xperience Restaurant Group is driven by team members who have a relentless passion for hospitality. Our expectations are high, and we never settle for anything less than delicious. Is that you? If so, join our family!!
Wait there’s more, XRG offers……...
- Competitive salary & Profit for Partners Program (generous bonus structure)
- Career growth opportunities. We love to promote from within! #XperienceRealGrowth
- Safety and Compliance Incentive Program
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program (tuition reimbursement)
- FREE FOOD! Monthly Meal Card allowance to use at any of our locations/brands
- Paid vacation
- Comprehensive Benefits; Medical, Dental, Vison, and 401(k)match*
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance, Legal Services and more!
The General Manager is responsible for successfully managing all aspects of the venues profit & loss (P&L), driving the marketing and sales functions as well as the day-to-day operations of the business. The General Manager will be fully responsible for effectively planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing, and decision making to attain desirable profit making results.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coach, develop, and lead by example
- Create an environment of trust and mutual respect
- Responsible for complete life cycle of all team members to include hiring, training, coaching/counseling, skill development and terminations
- Develop the annual budget and closely manage the venue’s P&L
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures, policies, and procedures to be followed by the management team
- Maintain highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control, and consistency of service
- Evaluate outside partner, contractor, and vendor relationships on a frequent basis
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all period--end financial statements and reports
- Manage staffing levels and controllable costs ensuring they are inline with budget
- Complete or verify completion of nightly logs and manager reports
- Monitor and enforce inventory controls
- Monitor guest satisfaction on all levels, including social media platforms
- Ensure health, safety, and sanitation requirements follow applicable state and federal laws
- Participate in community events
- Actively participate in marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy
- Ensures that private events, catering, and banquets are successfully executed
- Adhere to company’s cash handling procedures
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition
- Ensure that all products are received
- Provide guests with accurate and thorough information regarding menu items, pricing, and allergen information
- Recognize and cultivate regular guests and repeat business
- Respond to guest concerns/complaints and correct errors or resolve complaints while maintaining a positive attitude
- Possess complete understanding of the employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within it
- Ensure compliance with all safety and health department procedures and all state and federal liquor laws
- Ensure compliance with company safety and sanitation standards
- Ensure staff is properly equipped with the tools to complete their tasks
- Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid Driver’s License
- 21+ years of age
- Possession of or the ability to possess all state required work cards
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience
- Proficient in Windows MS Office, Open Table, Outlook
- Knowledge of profitability analysis and budgeting, cost of sales, payroll management, purchasing, receiving, inventories and cost controls
- Knowledge of state and local laws as it applies to liquor, labor, and health code regulations
- Experience with POS systems and back office reporting systems
- Familiarity with beer and spirits
- Proper lifting techniques
- Guest relations
- Sanitation and safety
- Safe alcohol service
- Full service restaurant operations
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public
The working conditions described below are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Small to medium office or shared work space
- Work indoors and/or outdoors, exposed to hot and/or cold surfaces, steam, and wet floors
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends upon guest volume
- Fast paced, high volume, full service restaurant. We are a very “hands on company”
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to walk long periods of time
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to repeat the same movements for long periods of time
- Ability to understand the speech of another person
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Ability to push and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
This job description is a summary of duties, which you as a General Manager are expected to perform in your normal course of work. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, but is merely a broad guide of expected duties. You should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time with or without notice.
Xperience Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Xperience Restaurant Group
Xperience Restaurant Group (XRG) is a leading casual and fine dining operator having iconic brands that serve unique experiences, great food, and unparalleled beverage offerings. Through its bold leadership, innovation, and brand development, XRG has transformed the U.S. Mexican dining landscape with its origination of Taco Tuesday, tableside presentations, and pioneering cocktail program. For over 65 years XRG’s brands have become synonymous with being the best-in-category with recent accolades including Best Mexican Restaurants, Best Taco Tuesday, and Best Happy Hours in various media outlets throughout the country. XRG currently operates 68 restaurants including El Torito, El Torito Grill, Chevys Fresh Mex, SOL Mexican Cocina, Solita Tacos & Margaritas, Acapulco, Las Brisas, Sinigual, and Who Song & Larry’s. Xperience Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.