- Expired: August 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Xos is an innovative electric vehicle company on a mission to decarbonize transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment. The market is growing. The need is rising. The time is now.
At Xos, we design vehicles from scratch, invent efficient and durable battery systems, write software to control the vehicle and its interactions with the driver, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to do our part in the battle for a cleaner planet. Were go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Will you join us?
As the Corporate Controller, you will be Xos be responsible for oversight of the companys accounting team. Reporting to the CFO - and working closely with the broader Finance & Admin Team (including FP&A, IR, and IT) - you will be responsible for driving forward an exciting and critical part of our business
* Serve as a strategic financial business partner to the CEO, CFO and Executive Management team, including regular financial reviews.
* Assist with company finances including tax, revenue, cash flow, expenses, reports and ongoing financial reporting.
* Work with the Financial Reporting team to prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the financial results in accordance with the U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
* Manage payroll process across the Company.
* Work with our independent auditors for the preparation and completion of 10Q and 10K reporting.
* Work with our compliance team to ensure our control environment is operating effectively, including standards similar to SOX 404 preparation and testing.
* Prepare the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package, including income statement and balance sheet analyses, and various management reports.
* Work with the CFO, financial reporting, and internal control functions to provide accounting guidance for newly issued accounting rules and determine implications resulting from contemplated or executed transactions and contracts.
* Be a strong partner to the CFO in communication to the Board of Directors and Audit Committee, including keeping them updated on accounting and financial reporting issues.
* Support the FP&A Team as it relates to annual and monthly budgets, forecasting, and other related management analyses.
* Act as a liaison to outside auditors, tax advisors and outside counsel, as necessary
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
* 5+years of relevant accounting experience, including some combination of public accounting and corporate experience.
* Public company experience as Controller of a listed company (manufacturing preferred but not required).
* CPA required. Experience working at a Big Four audit firm is preferred.
* Strong technical skills and experience of US GAAP, SEC reporting and SOX controls required.
* Current and / or prior experience in leadership roles in a rapidly growing company is a strong plus.
* Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including a management style that effectively leads professional subordinates delegating responsibility, but not accountability.
* Experience developing and testing of internal controls for compliance.
* Xos, Inc. is committed to offering competitive wages
* The Company offers medical coverage, paid 100% by the employer for employees with dependent coverage partially off-set by the employer
* Dental, Vision, and Life plans are also offered through the Company's health package
* Generous PTO, sick, vacation, and holiday pay
Xos, Inc is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Xos Trucks