Technical Business Analyst
Location: Tampa, FL
The Business Analyst will play a key role in the design and build out of the new contract reference data platform and automated data extraction workflow utilizing AI-based solutions - aiming to create a unified framework and aligned operational processes to ensure client regulatory obligations are met and sustainable going forward - across all impacted Legal Entities, Business lines and regional regulators. The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of database design, SQL, and data analytic skillsets against large and complex data structure. The candidate will also work independently to ensure successful execution of his/her projects.
• Ability to perform analysis on datasets to determine their quality, coverage, complexity
• Normalize disparate data sets into a common logical model
• Analyze legal and financial contracts, translate business requirements into automated extraction logic, and create data extractions utilizing NLP and ML-based toolsets.
• Independently query data from multiple relational databases for analysis
• Work directly with Technology, Operations, Legal and Business partners to successfully deliver complex projects leveraging our enterprise reference data platform
• Create BRD/FRD translating business logic into functional requirements
• Communicate business concepts and expected functional behavior to Developers and other stakeholders
• Create comprehensive use cases for testing
• Project management, implementation and testing plans
• Good database design and modeling knowledge, deep understanding of data integrity and normalization
• Strong SQL knowledge with minimum of 3+ years of hands on experience, ability to run analysis and complex SQLs against large sets of data is a must. Preferably experience with Oracle DBMS.
• Hands on experience with NLP and/or ML based data extraction/OCR software (example: SEAL-Software, AWS Textract, Google Tesseract) a strong plus, but not required
• Understanding of financial or legal contracts such as ISDA, credit/LIBOR agreements, fund prospectus a strong plus, but not required
• 4 year Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the science majors
• Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
• Experience managing the full project cycle for complex business deliverables – including translating client logic into functional requirements, writing FRDs/BRDs, working with the technology teams to ensure accurate implementation, and partner with business for user acceptance testing and production golive.
• Experience with financial/legal contracts and/or securities reference data background in capital markets is a plus
• Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Capable of managing multiple tasks under tight deadlines