As a Technical Support Engineer, the successful candidate will support a wide variety of tasks and functions within the Gil Hatch Center, File Test Labs, and Training Center that may include the following elements:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair production equipment including Baltoro, Brenva, iGen5, Iridesse, Versant, Nuvera, and other cut sheet production devices.
- Ensure all equipment is in top operational condition and maintained to a high standard of image quality as these machines are used to support customer demos, presales application testing and Sales and Analyst training.
- Works autonomously within established procedures and practices.
- Self-motivated to adapt work environment in order to improve overall workflow and productivity.
- Flexibility to work special projects if needed.
- Limited travel may be involved.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical / Mechanical Engineering Technologies and/or 7 years as Customer Service Engineer.
- Experience in systems level testing, troubleshooting, design or service of production systems is desired.
- Capable of reading and understanding engineering drawings and electrical schematics
- Ability to effectively execute multiple projects / tasks in parallel.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a matrix management environment. Proven analytical skills with high degree of attention to accuracy and detail.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with ability to work and solve problems independently.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills are required.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.