- Posted: over a month ago
Xencor is an innovative, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company located in the Los Angeles area—near Pasadena—and in San Diego. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to discover and develop better biotherapeutics, antibodies and cytokines with improved function, with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life. We have an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Assistant to join our team.
Our protein engineering capabilities and the modular nature of our XmAb technology allow us to quickly identify and create new platforms and drug candidates for potential development. We are advancing a deep clinical pipeline of novel drug candidates, including eight bispecific antibodies and two engineered cytokines, and more programs are expected to start clinical testing in 2022. We also leverage our many XmAb technologies by collaborating with leading global biopharmaceutical companies, including Genentech and Janssen Biotech, among others, and including our partnerships, 20 XmAb drug candidates are advancing through clinical development. Three XmAb medicines, to treat patients with a range of serious illnesses, such as aggressive lymphoma, rare blood disorders and COVID-19, are now marketed worldwide by partners.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success, and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees’ value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
Responsible for providing day-to-day maintenance services in support of the company’s laboratory and office spaces.
Job Duties Include:
- Performs basic building repairs, miscellaneous jobs, office desk/shelving installs, and maintenance work
- Assists with the timely shipping and receiving of packages in a timely manner according to SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and storage temperature requirements
- Processes and files packing slips from received supply items
- Sets up and breaks down tables and chairs for events
- Replaces light bulbs and water filters, and performs other regular maintenance on equipment in the laboratory as needed
- Monitors and restocks countertop, coffee bar, and break room inventory of glasses, dishes, flatware, snacks, and other supplies
- Inspects and maintains the exterior premises (building and parking garage)
- Cleans and sterilizes glassware cleaning, sterilizing, and provides other support services related to glassware prep room maintenance
- Manages safe storage and disposal of electronic recycling and recycling of hazardous chemicals
- Attends group meetings and trainings as required
- Rotates and restocks various laboratory supplies
- Oversees janitorial services
- Maintains lab coat and floor mat stock for lab personnel
- Purchases laboratory supplies as needed
- Adheres to all department and company-wide policies regarding conduct, performance and procedures
- Performs other duties as required.
Position requires a High School diploma plus a minimum of 1 year of related experience such as facility maintenance, lab operations, glassware cleaning, shipping & receiving, and customer service. Working knowledge of purchasing procedures, carpentry, electrical, HVAC and other construction trades is preferred.
The company reserves the right to consider internal experience in lieu of the education or experience requirements listed above.
Position also requires:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and comprehension skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to stand 6+ hours a day, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, stoop, bend, kneel, climb, crawl, push, pull or perform other physical activities
- Ability to push or pull liquid filled tanks of nitrogen and carbon dioxide.
Physical, Mental and Environment Demands:
The physical, mental and working environment demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The working environment for this role may include work in a research laboratory which may involve exposure to hazardous and biohazardous materials including chemical hazards, infectious agents, bloodborne pathogens and animal allergens. The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for handling hazardous and biohazardous materials may be required. See additional requirements for jobs requiring work in the laboratory listed below.
The physical demands of the office are normally associated with extended amounts of time sitting and using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. Periodic light lifting of supplies and materials may apply.
Specific mental demands for the position are listed above under requirements. In addition, mental demands for this position include:
- Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, including the ability to perform multiple duties from multiple sources.
- Ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and/or interruptions.
- Ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including vendors, customers and clients.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual.
- Ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions.
Additional Requirements for Laboratory and Research Related Jobs
This role may involve exposure to experimental subjects and/or specimens including infected samples, plus various Hazardous Materials and infectious agents (Bloodborne Pathogens, or other potentially infections materials (OPIMs). Therefore, the following are also required:
- Ability to follow the established Environmental Health & Safety rules, procedures, and/or BioSafety Guidelines
- Ability to read and understand Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- Knowledge of biosafety techniques and aseptic/gowning practices
- Experience with laboratory safety standards and procedures, including biohazard handling and disposal techniques, and the ability to ensure laboratory compliance with required safety regulations
Occasional travel may be required, including travel between Xencor’s Monrovia and San Diego offices. Work for this position is generally performed at Xencor’s worksite and requires full-time commitment.
Xencor requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated means that at least two weeks have passed since an individual’s final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen, including any boosters recommended by the CDC. New employees will be required to provide proof of their fully COVID-19 vaccinated status as of their start date unless an exemption or accommodation is approved.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact HR@xencor.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a binding written agreement. Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.
Real EstateView all jobs at Xencor