Currently looking an experienced Local CDL Delivery Driver for a “direct-hire” driver position with an employee owned steel manufacturing company.
The Ideal candidates must have a valid Utah Class A CDL with city delivery driving experience and a “acceptable” MVR.
Benefits for the CDL Delivery Driver / Local Driver position:
- Wage: $18.00 - $20.00 an hour DOE
- Shift: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Excellent “low-cost” benefits that include health insurance, paid holidays, 401k with 100% match up to 4% of annual salary, paid time off and a “free” employee stock program.
- This is a “direct-hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or “contract” position.
- Team-oriented work environment
- Career growth opportunities (managers all started within the company)
Responsibilities of the CDL Delivery Driver / Local Driver position:
- Transport products to customers site. “no touch deliveries” the client unloads your truck.
- Promote professionalism and excellent customer service attitude.
- Inspect delivery truck for defects before, during, and after delivery trips.
- Secure equipment, on a flatbed trailer by means of chaining, strapping, covering and blocking under the strict accordance and established procedures.
- Maintain a driving log at all times.
Requirements of the CDL Delivery Driver / Local Driver position:
- Minimum 2 years of Class A driving experience, previous flatbed experience is preferred.
- Must be able to operate a “manual” transmission and not have a “restricted” CDL
- Previous steel delivery driving experience is preferred
- Able to transport and deliver to clients throughout Salt Lake City area
- Valid Utah Class A driver's license with a current DOT medical card
- Acceptable driving record
- Customer service skills