Senior HR Specialist
Senior HR Specialist
As a Senior Human Resources Specialist, you will be responsible for key HR functions and programs support to our employees, team, and mission. Your customer focus, strong work ethic, and can-do attitude are keys to success. Come join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented and brightest minds in the GovCon industry.
What you’ll do
- Provide accountability for all HR related transactions and recordkeeping, benefits administration, HRIS (UKG Pro) maintenance, onboarding/off-boarding, HR audits, supporting compliance programs, federal/state/local rules and regulations
- Ensure regulatory compliance by staying abreast of changing labor laws, regulations, and industry standards to lead the company's efforts in complying with key HR regulations including Affirmative Action Plans (AAP), Affordable Care Act (ACA) guidelines including 1095-C reporting, EEO-1 reporting, Form 5500 reporting, and Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) requirements
- Administer Affirmative Action planning by leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive Affirmative Action Plans (AAP) to ensure fair employment practices and promoting diversity and inclusion within the organization. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze data, establish goals, and execute action steps in alignment with AAP requirements
- Review and process HR related transactions, maintaining communication with your stakeholders
- Work closely with payroll to ensure accurate deductions for new hires, terminations, changes, life events, etc.; coordinate with teammates across the organization to resolve related issues
- Conduct and support efficient and effective onboarding for new teammates at all levels to provide an exceptional employee experience
- Serve as advanced level user of the UKG Pro HRIS including system administration and maintenance
- Partner with the VP, Human Resources to drive special employee engagement initiatives including employee development, performance management, policy implementation support for company employees and leadership
- Act as an effective Business Partner to organizational stakeholders
- Work with brokers, carriers, and vendors to support the company in both SCA and Non-SCA benefits needs
- Ensure new hire onboarding and benefit enrollment transactions are completed timely and accurately
- Serve as an effective employee advocate, providing accurate and timely responses to benefits inquiries
- Drive the annual open enrollment process including messaging, tracking, and validation
- Maintain record of benefits plan participation and various personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
Who You Are
- 5 – 7 years of directly related HR, benefits, Employee Engagement, Federal/State/local Rules and Regulations in a transactional, fast paced environment
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP certification highly preferred
- HRIS experience – UKG Pro strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of formal college level HR education and directly related HR experience
- Understanding of legal requirements and government reporting regulations impacting human resources functions
- Demonstrated skills and experience responding to employee or management questions, taking ownership to provide prompt, accurate information
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships and provide consistent, high-quality customer service
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, discretion, and maintain confidentiality in performance of duties as team member or single point of contact
- Demonstrated self-direction, detail orientation, prioritization and organizational skills, and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and a positive work environment
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneDrive) and standard office equipment
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply knowledge of new policies, procedures, regulations, computer systems and software programs
In addition, here is what will make you a great candidate for a Sr. HR Specialist at Xcelerate:
- Grit and agility – we move fast, and are looking for people to be able to adapt and lead by example
- Excellent project management and organizational skills – can successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously; maintain attention to detail
- Possess Excellent interpersonal communication – both verbal and written; able to breakdown complex issues into easy to understand messages; adaptable approaches to changing situations.
- Ability to influence skills and develop value adding HR solutions and strong business partnerships
- You listen to different points of view and understand their perspectives as we are all different and can collectively use our differences
- Sense of humor- we work hard and we like to have a good time along the way
About Xcelerate Solutions:
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in McLean, VA, Xcelerate Solutions (www.xceleratesolutions.com) is one of America's fastest-growing companies. Xcelerate’s culture is defined by our diversified workforce of dynamic and versatile professionals, supported with growth and development opportunities that contribute to individual and company growth. This strong commitment to our employees has been recognized by our inclusion on the Washington Business Journal’s “50 Best Places to Work” list as well as being a “Great Place to Work” certified company with a 4.6 star, and a 99% CEO approval Glassdoor rating. Come find out why Xcelerate Solutions is one of the DC Metro top employers!
Xcelerate Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or expression of another protected characteristic. As part of this commitment to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, Xcelerate provides reasonable accommodation if needed because of an applicant's or an employee's disability.
Pay Transparency Notice: Xcelerate Solutions will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Xcelerate SolutionsMcLean, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.