Xator Corporation Summit Point, WV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Xator is looking for passionate, self-motivated software engineers to innovate, design and develop technical solutions as a part of the Ares development team. Ares is an enterprise solution consisting of an Android biometric enrollment mobile application and a JavaEE server management application that communicate together to deliver near real time identity resolution capabilities to the end user. As an Ares software engineer, you will be working with a small team on diverse projects. To be successful in this role, engineers must demonstrate their knowledge of critical thinking and problem solving.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Coordinate with the technical lead on current programming tasks
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and implement features
- Quickly produce well-organized, optimized, and documented source code
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets
- Work well independently
- Contribute to technical design documentation
- Continuously learn and improve skill set, to include training/online courses as needed
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution in computer science, software engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 2+ years of professional experience in software engineering
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Requirements
- Experience with distributed model version control tools such as Git
- Versant with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, Crystal, etc.
- Ability to construct high-quality, efficient, performant software in compliance with modern formatting style guides
- Experience with document-oriented databases such as Couchbase, MongoDB, or OracleNoSQL
- Solid understanding of Android environment software development principles, experience with Android Studio
- Shows eagerness to improve job-related knowledge, departmental processes, and team capabilities on a continuous basis
- Demonstrable capacity for being organized, systematic, and detail-oriented during engineering activities
- Established acquaintance with debugging work, unit testing, test-driven development, and refactoring established code
- Reliable work ethic with ability to perform in a mission critical cycle-driven environment
- Familiarity with library/dependency management systems such as Gradle, Maven, Spring Framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for working in team environments, participating in briefings, or writing technical documentation
- Knowledge of Atlassian code repository, issue tracking, & collaboration software solutions
- Effective collaborative skills: ability to listen attentively, ask questions, show tact, and punctually follow-through on programming tasks
- Employs best practices for design, development, and testing throughout the software’s life cycle
- Understanding of relational database design & management
- Willingness to be flexible about using varying development environments, programming languages, frameworks, and supporting tools for engineering
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSummit Point, WV
TechnologyView all jobs at Xator Corporation