OCONUS Mission Critical Windows/Linux System Administrator (Australia)
- Posted: over a month ago
Vaxcom Services, Inc.
Vaxcom Services Inc. (an Xator Corporation National Security Solutions Company) is a niche provider of intelligence related support services. We are recognized experts in Intelligence Community with subject matter expertise in the areas of Technical/IT Services, Operations, and Intelligence Services.
Active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph are required.
Overseas Mission Critical Windows/Linux System Administrator
Vaxcom is currently hiring Windows/Linux Systems Administrators to live/work overseas in Australia (minimum commitment of 2 years). Candidates must be willing in a fast-paced environment supporting a dynamic client based mission. In addition to the standard corporate benefits package, compensation will include salary + location-based differential, moving allowance. housing allowance, and one annually compensated airline ticket (with family) anywhere in Australia.
The Mission Critical Windows/Linux System Administrator shall support the day-to-day operations of the customers critical mission. This support will include the installation, configuration, maintenance, failure analysis and recovery, performance monitoring, data storage management, and information security management of mission computer systems. This position requires a blend of Linux, Windows, VoIP and LAN networking knowledge and experience in order to successfully configure and manage the critical computing environment. System administrators shall have demonstrable functional knowledge of local, distributed and clustered computing environments; to include cloud computing and virtualization environments.
• Responding to inquiries concerning all aspects of computer and network operations
• Creating and managing user/group accounts in both Active Directory (AD) and Network Information Service (NIS)
• Installing, configuring, updating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows desktop and server (physical and virtual) instances • Installing, configuring, updating and removing system and application software
• Installing, configuring, updating and removing system hardware (servers, workstations, monitors, printers, plotters, scanners, transceivers, network interface cards, network physical links)
• Configuring NFS, NIS, SAMBA, etc. remote hosting/sharing protocols
• Documenting procedures and performing system and file backup and recovery
• Creating shell scripts to automate system administration functions
• Configuring and troubleshooting point-to-point connections for secure computing and networking environments
• Documenting standard operating procedures and how-to articles related to sustainment and maintenance activities, lessons learned and best practices
• Monitoring and allocating system resources (CPU, memory, and storage space)
• Auditing system log files, to include compliance audits
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware and software problems; and documenting fault resolution steps • Documenting hardware and software configurations, change and maintenance logs, as well as backup history details
• Implementing up-to-date system policies and procedures
Support of VoIP infrastructure and end points.
Education & Requirements:
• Five (5) years or more demonstrated experience with Linux operating systems (Red Hat & CentOS)
• Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience with Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 8, 10 for desktops and Server 2008, 2012 and newer server platforms preferred)
• Demonstrated experience working with Linux archives (e.g. tar, gz, gzip)
• Demonstrated experience with Linux update repositories (e.g. yum, apt-get) •
• Shell scripting in Windows and Linux environments • Intermediate network experience (such as subnet, VLAN and VPN configuration)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio) •
Experience working in an mission critical environment in which requirements vary from day-to-day
• Demonstrated experience authoring standard operating procedures
• Demonstrated experience working in a complex sustainment and maintenance environment comprised of heterogeneous information systems and technologies
• Knowledge of ICD-503 standards and requirements for system accreditation
• COMPTIA Security Plus Certification required
On September 24, 2021, the U.S. Government’s Safer Federal Workforce Task Force issued “2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors” mandating that Covered federal contractors, including Xator Corporation, and their employees shall be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, this position may require individuals to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) or have been granted a religious or medical accommodation by December 8, 2021 or shortly thereafter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Xator Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?