Lead Software Developer
- Expired: February 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Xator seeks enthusiastic, positive, and proactive self-starters to join our team. Our leadership aims to attract and retain the best and brightest employees, maintain an environment built on trust and pride, and encourage individual and team achievements. We uphold ourselves to an exceptional professional standard of conduct, setting ourselves apart from our competition.
Xator is dedicated to creating and maintaining a lifelong learning environment. We encourage forward-thinking, innovation, and out-of-the-box ideas in an inclusive environment. Our training and continuing education programs allows us to constantly improve services and deliver innovation to our customers. We invest in our employees and they, in turn, advance our clients' mission.
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret
Xator is seeking a Lead Software Developer who wants to take on a hands-on leadership role. As a developer, the candidate will be required to model and apply software engineering methods and techniques to the design, definition, development, evaluation, integration, and/or support of IT solutions. As a lead, the candidate would be responsible for reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, and making hiring recommendations to the division director. This role would allow the candidate to learn more about corporate management with room for growth to expand customer relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Developers will be responsible for writing, coding, documenting, and testing software applications that interface with other systems and must have the ability to work independently and cooperatively with other software developers.
- Developers will also be responsible for programming relational databases and populating metadata catalogs. Experience with advanced database programming is preferred.
- Developers will function as a technical consultant or researcher and perform analysis and troubleshooting of system defects and issues.
- Developers will design quality control and test procedures and apply technical expertise to test system solutions.
- They will use defined procedures to configure, test and debug software and investigate, analyze and resolve problems on software products.
- Developers will handle portions of the projects, including services/products/technology solution evaluation/modification, data development, analysis, first draft written communications, and client interaction.
- They will also assist with services/products/technology solution architecture design and installation.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Required in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 3-5 years of Java/J2EE programming experience.
- J2EE (Servlets, JSP, Web Container, JPA)
- 1 year experience with web service containers (Apache Karaf preferred but not required)
- 1-3 years’ experience with Web services (Apache CXF preferred but not required)
- 1-3 years of strong relational database experience required.
- Postgres SQL optional but preferred (database development, i.e. stored procedures, triggers, etc.)
- Database optimization experience optional but preferred
- 1-3 years of XML data exchanges (including xml schemas, xslt, xsd, and JSON processing
- Master Data Management or ETL experience optional but preferred
- Must have 1-3 years’ experience with Linux/Unix
- Spring blueprint framework.
- Elastic Search
- Experience with following an agile development process and JIRA, Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Secret security clearance is required.
- Junit experience or experience with other unit testing frameworks
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to learn new software/databases quickly.
On September 24, 2021, the U.S. Government’s Safer Federal Workforce Task Force issued “2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors” mandating that Covered federal contractors, including Xator Corporation, and their employees shall be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, this position may require individuals to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) or have been granted a religious or medical accommodation by December 8, 2021 or shortly thereafter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
TechnologyView all jobs at Xator Corporation