Field Engineer (Overseas TDYs)
Xator Corporation Reston, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Vaxcom Services In
Vaxcom Services Inc. (an Xator Corporation National Security Solutions Company) is a niche provider of intelligence related support services. We are recognized experts in Intelligence Community with subject matter expertise in the areas of Technical/IT Services, Operations, and Intelligence Services.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE: Candidate must have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly)
Field Engineer (Overseas TDYs) Reston, Virginia
The Field Engineer (FE) supports the customer with establishing and maintaining tactical radio communications networks in austere, high-threat areas throughout the world. These networks consist of a variety of tactical radio platforms (Motorola, Harris, ICOM, etc.) and the FE will oversee their installation, maintenance and at times perform end user training.
Travel & Associated pre-Travel Clearances: This position will require overseas travel (up to 50% of the time / 60-90 day rotations). Candidates should be willing to be on travel / TDY away from their home location, in hazardous duty locations. Candidates must pass medical screening and pass weapons qualifications training.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- Support customer with establishing and maintaining tactical radio communications networks in austere, high-threat areas of the world. Duties include performing site surveys, developing communications plans, system installations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Program and load encryption keys on Motorola Radios
- Program and load encryption keys within military style tactical radios
- Install and maintain Motorola Repeater systems: Conduct site surveys, configure repeaters and radios, prepare and run cables, install and test antennas/cables, test system overall performance, perform diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Install Motorola and tactical radios in vehicles and as base stations: Conduct site surveys, configure radios, prepare and run cables, install and test antennas/cables, test system
- Knowledge of wireless communications systems
- RF cabling and insertion loss
- Antenna principles and applications
- Frequency propagation
- Frequency modulation
- Assessing signal strength
- Link Budgets
- Basics of DC circuits
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Routine manual lifting of objects 50-80 pounds such as boxes and other equipment. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders; high lift equipment up to 40 feet, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc. Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment
Typical overseas assignments are frequently performed in both internal and external environments with a variety of weather conditions. Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with exposure to dust or dirt is routine and may require the use of protective personal equipment (PPE).
Salary - We offer competitive compensation packages with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
401K Program - Full-time employees are eligible on the 1st day of the month following their date of hire. Employees are vested immediately.
Paid Time Off - Vaxcom is able to offer 20 days of leave to new employees. In addition, we recognize 10 paid holidays per year; all of which are floaters and may be taken on its designated date or on any day following.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Powered by JazzHR
EngineeringView all jobs at Xator Corporation