Business Development Director
- Posted: over a month ago
Xator Corporation (Xator) is a privately-owned company established in 2005 to provide a wide range of products and services to US Government and commercial customers.
Xator is a Trusted Partner in National Security Global Operations when Mission Success Matters Most!
We implement flexible cost-effective solutions that enable our customers to successfully execute their mission. We are dedicated to delivering best-value services and solutions that support our national security. Xator maintains a work environment that fosters new ideas, challenges the status quo, and rewards success. We strive to supply the best people using proven processes and industry-leading technologies to deliver solutions that exceed expectations.
Xator is committed to enabling customers to safely, effectively, and efficiently conduct operations around the globe. Our work directly supports the security and operations of critical national security interests in some of the most sensitive environments throughout the world.
Xator provides Command and Control, Technical Security, Biometrics, Identity Management, Counter UAS, Cyber Operations, Communications, and Intelligence for the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal Civilian, Intelligence Community and Commercial Customers.
Exceed your expectations today... Join the Xator Team!
Xator Corporation is currently seeking a Business Development Director to support our (DoD) Market.
- The BD Director is fully accountable for all activities related to the DoD Market, from identification of opportunities to initial gate review through contract award.
- The BD Director is expected to execute an aggressive Customer Engagement Campaign to build Customer Intimacy for Xator.
- The BD Director, working with the Capture Teams and Strategic Business Units, is responsible for helping develop market strategies and developing and implementing specific pursuit strategies, including strategies for teaming, solution development (technical, management, and cost), proposal staffing/development, etc.
- The BD Director leads the development, implementation, and successful execution of these winning capture strategies - keeps the opportunity qualified and reports status to the executive team.
- The BD Director improves/maintains capture win rate through continuous improvement of Customer Engagement and Business Development best practices.
- The BD Director collects and accurately/objectively presents the opportunity/pursuit business case at management reviews to facilitate good business decisions by the company.
- The position requires a close working relationship with counterparts in each of the functions, as well as other business units at Xator, in a "One Company" environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create a customer focused account plan with clear objectives, goals, and actions to drive new business growth
- Develop and execute a new business pipeline by identifying, qualifying, and maturing new business targets. Identify and maintain a multi-billion-dollar, multi-year pipeline of qualified opportunities across the DoD market
- Achieve revenue and sales goals
- Develop strategies to shape requirements and acquisition strategy
- Oversight of customer contact and positioning, teaming interactions and coordination with other internal business development, solution architecture and resources available across Xator
- Maintain opportunity data in the CRM database
- Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals
- Build and maintain customer intimacy
- Use White Papers and other Pre-RFP initiatives to enhance Xator’s value to prospective and existing customers
- Participate in conferences and other meetings to market Xator’s capabilities to customers and partners
- Develop technology requirements (e.g., IRAD) to support new business capture
- Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence
- Perform win/loss analysis and suggest process improvements
- Participate as a thought leader in bid decisions, gate reviews, and the development of cost strategies
- Efficiently manage new business investment (NBI) resources
- Fully participate in all activities leading to contract award, including proposal development
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Management or a related Engineering discipline or equivalent, relevant work experience
- 15+ years of business development experience
- Demonstrated successful business acquisitions of multiple DoD customers, including the USN, USMC, USA, and USAF.
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Demonstrated Track Record of winning large DoD acquisitions greater than $100M in value
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in stressful business situations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, a highly motivated self-starter
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be available to travel as needed to support business development objectives
- Experience managing a pipeline in excess of $4B in opportunities
Clearance Requirement: Current Secret security clearance required. TS with SCI eligibility preferred.
On September 24, 2021, the U.S. Government’s Safer Federal Workforce Task Force issued “2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors” mandating that Covered federal contractors, including Xator Corporation, and their employees shall be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, this position may require individuals to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) or have been granted a religious or medical accommodation by December 8, 2021 or shortly thereafter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Xator Corporation