Armed Security Training Manager (TS Clearance Required)
- Posted: over a month ago
Vaxcom Services Inc. (an Xator Corporation National Security Solutions Company) is a niche provider of intelligence related support services. We are recognized experts in Intelligence Community with subject matter expertise in the areas of Security, Technical/IT Services, Operations, and Intelligence Services. Vaxcom is currently seeking a Security Training Manager to support our customer’s mission requirements in a dynamic, mission-focused environment.
SECURITY TRAINING MANAGER
Clearance Requirement: this position requires a current/active TOP SECRET security clearance (with polygraph).
Vaxcom is seeking former members of the military/veterans with Combat Arms/Special Operations Experience and/or Law Enforcement trainers that have experience in special weapons and tactics, Firearms Instruction, Defensive Tactics, Baton and OC Instruction experience that would be well suited to manage and supervise training for a dynamic work force which includes an armed Site Protection Team and Emergency Response Team. This position is located in Chantilly, Virginia.
Site Trainer: The Site Trainer holds several instructor certifications to meet the training requirements of the contract. Instructor Certifications and experience instructing the following classes include, Security Officer Duties and awareness, basic civil and criminal law, basic Security functions, Firearms (Handgun and patrol rifle, advanced handgun and patrol rifle), Use of Force, Defensive Tactics (PPCT, Krav Maga or similar), handcuffing, baton, CQB, Patrol response to active shooter incidents, breeching, Basic First Aid, CPR and AED, medical first responder, X-Ray, Explosive Detection, and Vehicle Inspections.
Job Description: The Site Trainer is the primary trainer for the incumbent guard force and the trainer for all new-hire academy students who attend an initial 120-hour Security Officer Academy. The Trainer provides annual and bi-annual training in all required areas as warranted by the contract or identified as training needs. The trainer is also the primary trainer of the Emergency Response Team and must be considered an expert in the areas of firearms, defensive tactics/arrest control, CQB and Active Shooter response.
To qualify for consideration as the Site Trainer, applicants:
- Must be willing to work if hired for 24-months on-site
- Must possess an active TS Security Clearance with polygraph
- Must submit to and pass a psychological examination
- Must be a native born or naturalized US Citizen
- Must have a High School GED or higher. (BA/BS or Associates degree preferred)
- Must be 21 years of age or older with no criminal convictions
- Must be physically capable of performing, sit ups, pull-ups, push-ups and running 1.5 miles
- Must have at least one (1) of the following experience levels listed below:
- Minimum of four (4) years of military experience in a Combat Arms/SO Capacity and/or;
- Minimum of five (5) years law enforcement experience with at least (2) years of part-time (full-time preferred) experience instructing law Enforcement Students in one or more of the areas listed in the job description.
- Must be proficient in English (Written & Spoken)
- Must have experience instructing firearms (Patrol Rifle and handgun).
- Must submit to and pass a physical examination to include a drug screen and color blindness test
- Must pass Medical LE First Responder Instructor Course/Certification or equivalent.
- Must possess/or be able to obtain Virginia DCJS training certifications
On September 24, 2021, the U.S. Government’s Safer Federal Workforce Task Force issued “2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors” mandating that Covered federal contractors, including Xator Corporation, and their employees shall be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, this position may require individuals to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) or have been granted a religious or medical accommodation by December 8, 2021 or shortly thereafter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Powered by JazzHR
Real EstateView all jobs at Xator Corporation