Applications Software Developer
- Posted: over a month ago
Xator seeks enthusiastic, positive, and proactive self-starters to join our team. Our leadership aims to attract and retain the best and brightest employees, maintain an environment built on trust and pride, and encourage individual and team achievements. We uphold ourselves to an exceptional professional standard of conduct, setting ourselves apart from our competition.
Xator is dedicated to creating and maintaining a lifelong learning environment. We encourage forward-thinking, innovation, and out-of-the-box ideas in an inclusive environment. Our training and continuing education programs allows us to constantly improve services and deliver innovation to our customers. We invest in our employees and they, in turn, advance our clients' mission.
Clearance Requirement: Active or Current TS w/ a current SCI and Polygraph.
Xator is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed professional to fill the role of Applications Software Developer on our team in the Herndon, VA area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Design, build, and deploy highly scalable, resilient, performant services in an integrated team to continually improve DevOps posture.
- Work with current application teams to understand current analytics, review test plans, and to collaborate with user interface designers to ensure developed software integrates seamlessly.
- Serve as an expert resource within the development team to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate application services.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Applicable degree(s): Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
- 8-12 years with a Master's degree in applicable field.
- An additional 6 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience with Java and one or more technologies (e.g., Servlets, Hibernate, Spring, Web Services/J2EE)
- Demonstrated experience with datasets both relational and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g., Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in Web server technologies (Tomcat, Web Logic, IIS, HttpCore)
- Demonstrated experience with Typescript UI technologies
- Demonstrated experience working in a dynamic working environment
On September 24, 2021, the U.S. Government’s Safer Federal Workforce Task Force issued “2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors” mandating that Covered federal contractors, including Xator Corporation, and their employees shall be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, this position may require individuals to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) or have been granted a religious or medical accommodation by December 8, 2021 or shortly thereafter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Xator Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?