XanEdu is the nation’s leader in delivering custom publishing solutions, in print and digital formats, to the Higher Ed & K-12 Communities.
We are actively seeking an Account Executive to manage a multiple state territory (CO, WA, OR, UT, ND, SD, MN, NE, IA) to play a critical role in growing XanEdu’s Higher Education business. This field-based, growth-oriented position will primarily focus on maintaining and growing revenue for the territory. The ideal candidate will be based in Colorado, preferably in the Denver Metro area. We are offering a base salary of $55,000 plus commissions.
As an Account Executive, you will be empowered to shape sales/customer relationships for XanEdu’s clients who are adopting industry-leading products and services. You will serve as a central point of contact for the customers across your territory, closing new business and managing relationships. You will work directly with customers, our production team, and implementation partners to achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas, closing new business, as well as managing and growing XanEdu's existing book of business. You will be expected to utilize modern selling and marketing techniques and tools to communicate effectively with key business decision makers.
- Take ownership of your territory to achieve all goals including sales strategy from prospect to closure; manage your territory as the main point of contact for your customers, overcome objections and negotiate successful partnerships.
- Successfully reach targets to maintain an effective pipeline including both renewal and new revenue opportunities; effectively forecast on a regular basis accurately forecasting sales and pipeline progression for products and solutions utilizing a CRM and other forecasting tools.
- Partner and collaborate in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic environment with XanEdu’s management team to manage opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle.
- Present action plans, forecasts, territory strategy and other strategic planning documents as well as activity and results to the management team and use appropriate escalation techniques to achieve goals and objectives.
- Position solutions in the context of customer needs and experiences while differentiating them amongst the competitive landscape; provide product overview and insights pertinent to customer need.
- Utilize communication skills to work with a diverse client base including bookstore managers, faculty, department chairs, and deans.
- Leverage your entrepreneurial experience to identify new strategic or product opportunities for growth and closing sales.
- Show flexibility to adopt other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrate computer software proficiency in usage of iOS, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, sales/customer databases, and social media channels.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-5 years professional experience with an open mind to learn XanEdu’s sales process.
- Excellent phone skills, phone etiquette, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel regularly as needed, successfully representing XanEdu at conferences, tradeshows, annual meetings, and customer meetings. Frequent overnight travel required.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently or under supervision with high level of integrity.
- Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration.
- Desire to work in a competitive environment where one’s growth potential is driven by one’s abilities and personality.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and proven entrepreneurial spirit focused on providing highest customer experience and creating customer solutions through problem solving skills.