Under the supervision of the Sales Representatives/Discovery Consultants, the Sales Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer service by promoting Xact Data Discovery (XDD) services, developing a productive relationship with customers, and act as liaison between sales staff, production team and clients. Maintain and develop current clients with a variety of administrative functions including pickup and delivery of job orders which will require use of your own vehicle on any given day (XDD pays mileage).
- Assist Sales Representative efforts with customer service for pickup/delivery of projects at our client offices around the city. Must be willing to drive between ST. Paula, Minneapolis and surrounding areas as needed.
- Keep in constant communication with the Sales Representative and Discovery Consultants and clients on daily workflow.
- Communicate frequently with Production Manager regarding project status and/or production issues.
- Ability to maintain and expand client relationships.
- Willing to work overtime and possible be on-call to support the needs of the legal industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Flexibility is critical as customers' needs vary and priorities may change to accommodate customers.
- A professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Responsible and dependable due to the nature of this client-facing position.
- If you have experience with transportation/delivery of products this might be helpful in this position.
- Potential for growth into future sales roles.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or GED.
- Have and maintain a valid state driver's license and clean driving record required as personal vehicle is used for XDD business.
- XDD will reimburse the Sales Assistant for parking and mileage expenses incurred according to travel policy.
- Capable of delivering excellent service in a fast paced, physically demanding, deadline driven, yet positive work environment.
- Walking downtown required to reach client offices for order deliveries & pickups, which could be up to 2 miles/day.
- Must practice necessary safety procedures, defensive driving and proper lifting techniques.
- Route delivery, route sales experience a plus, but not required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to lift, maneuver and move an average of 20 lbs.
- Must have a good driving record.