Summary & Reports to:
As a Fitness Manager with XSport Fitness, you are the face of the Fitness Department! You are a leader to your personal training staff as well as an assistant to the club General Manager. You will be responsible for building a high-performance team and the financial performance of your club’s fitness department. By mirroring our company core values of positive attitude, game excellence, hard work, and communication & teamwork, your role as Fitness Manager is critical to the overall member fitness experience and growth of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Financial Performance & Sales:
- Directly responsible for the department’s financial performance in total fitness services
- Responsible for hitting personal & club monthly sales Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets
- Manage Personal Trainer payroll & expense
- Partners closely with the Membership department ensuring that initial fitness assessments are being booked and the advisors are building value on the tour
- Ensures that the PT presentations and fitness assessments (VFP’s) are structured and standardized, consistent with corporate standards
- Develops lead generation strategies with team to ensure lead targets are hit
- Establish Fitness Services sales goals for the Fitness Consultants and front desk employees
- Lead for all fitness products in location
- Supplement & Inventory Management
- Works with Admin Specialist to manages the supplement profit & loss
- Mark and follow through on all supplement hand offs
Team & People Management:
- Responsible for the recruiting, hiring and onboarding of personal training staff to keep staff budget at the forecasted levels
- Provides input and participates in performance assessment and termination processes for Personal Trainers, in partnership with HR, and Management
- Develops a high performing team through coaching, teaching and training
- Performance & KPI management of all fitness staff
- Develop product knowledge of all fitness products (strong, supplements, PT, etc)
- Schedule out and conduct mentor time with PTs
- Effectively communicate all department initiatives, standards, and directives
- Creates a positive and healthy workplace environment that provides opportunities for advancement for staff
- Ability to create and sustain a culture of service focused on hospitality, caring, welcoming and fun
- A passion for fitness. Demonstrated knowledge of fitness equipment and wellness strategies
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong MS Office software skills with an ability to adapt learning to incorporate new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence all levels of the organization
- Time management a strength
Education & Experience:
- A related University degree (in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology) or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 2 years related sales experience
- 2 years’ experience in the fitness industry
- 2 years of leadership and people management experience including proven success in leading, coaching and motivating teams and individuals to achieve goals and objectives across multiple locations
- Current CPR & First Aid are required and must be maintained through employment
- Must have current PT certification within 60 days of employment. (NASM, NSCA, ACE, ISSA, NFPT)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel local infrequently to other clubs or to corporate for meetings.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time exempt position with varying hours of work. This position frequently requires long hours and night/weekend work. This position may require working on the last day of the month.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position is responsible for the leadership, interviewing, hiring, scheduling, and performance managing all Personal Trainers in their club.