As a Broker, you will focus on building partnerships with independent insurance agents and carrier underwriters as they find markets and terms that meet each party’s needs on individual insurance transactions. In addition to having an independent and driven personality, this requires the ability to successfully build and manage relationships, negotiate on behalf of the client, analyze exposures and market appetites, review sales and market analytics for new opportunities, lead and grow a sales team and use sound judgment to work within an ethical framework. The environment is fast paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial and each team member must possess and exhibit the following characteristics: honesty, integrity, honor, hard work, ethical behavior, courage, commitment, professionalism, loyalty, collaborative participation and a positive attitude toward all aspects of business. Compensation based on experience
- Develops relationships with markets that will accept excess and surplus lines risks and shares those relationships within the company.
- Solicits new clients by developing relationships and influencing retail agents to place risks and/or develop quotes in the surplus lines markets.
- Searches for the best companies for the risks and places risks on behalf of retail agents with those companies.
- Submits or declines risks, negotiates with underwriters, markets, and producers, communicates quotes to producers and negotiates quotes.
- Responsible for overseeing the correct issuance of all documentation pertaining to the transaction including, but not limited to invoicing, policy review and binding.
- Remarkets the account on renewal.
- Develop and expand relationships with carrier and retail agent partners to build book of business
- Use strong technical writing skills to summarize account submissions to carrier partners for optimum turn around times and quick identification of opportunities
- Develop knowledge of carrier markets and their risk appetites
- Supervises the individual(s) assigned to his/her team
- May be assigned the management responsibilities of a department.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.