Diesel Mechanic Bonuses
XPO Logistics Sharon, PA
- Expired: October 04, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If youre looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay starts at $25.13/hour plus bonuses and shift differential
- $4,000 in bonuses available
This opportunity will be 3rd Shift 10p - 6:30a Monday - Friday
At XPO Logistics, youre more than a Technician. With us, youll have a starring role on our team, providing the expertise that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. Using your strong technical and diagnostic abilities, youll have the support and equipment to do your best work. If youre looking for a great opportunity with a rapidly growing global company, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive wages and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What youll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment, forklifts and trailing equipment
- Repair or rebuild all or parts of various equipment systems
- Work in accordance with DOT, EPA, Interstate Authority, OSHA and other rules and regulations
- Conduct safety inspections on equipment and prepare safety documentation as needed
- Maintain proficiency with equipment and technologies that enhance productivity
- Move trailers throughout the property
- Operate a hostler in all types of weather; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, youll need:
- 2 years of experience in general heavy truck repair for commercial fleet operations
- To obtain EPA HVAC Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certification within 90 days of hire (ASE, MACS or equivalent)
- A valid drivers license
- Basic welding skills (Oxy/Acetylene, MIG and ARC)
- Your own hand tools for tractor-trailer repairs
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
Itd be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Experience with trailer repair, diesel engine system diagnostics and preventive maintenance for tractor technicians
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicle air conditioning systems
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery, including working outdoors in inclement weather
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect will receive a $1,000.00sign-on bonus, subject to repayment if the employee voluntarily terminates their employment with XPO Logistics within the first 6 months. Bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply.Current XPO employees are not eligible for sign-onbonuses.
A $1,500.00retention bonus will be paid to those eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 6 months of continuous employment with XPO Logistics in their current qualified position. Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 12 months of continuous employment in their current qualified position will receive another $1,500.00bonus. The bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply.Current XPO employees are not eligible for retention bonuses.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.PandoLogic. Keywords: Diesel Technician, Location: Sharon, PA - 16146
AutomotiveView all jobs at XPO Logistics