Job Summary: Oversees the operation of all phases of job production and is responsible for advising and making recommendations to the President with respect to the best interests of the company whenever production activities are involved.
- Supervises production employees in a manner that supports our Client Company's Mission Statement and Values.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling production personnel and equipment effectively and efficiently to facilitate high-quality, cost-effective job production and to reduce bottlenecks and problems. Schedules overtime and additional outside labor as needed on a cost effective basis.
- Issues job orders to production employees according to production schedules. Delegates specific duties to supervisors and other key personnel.
- Responsible for scheduling of all production operations. Responsible for the accurate and prompt completion of all jobs.
- Maintains production control records. Provides as requested information to sales reps, customers and management as to delivery dates, schedules and operating problems.
- Studies production schedule and estimated man-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Responsible for seeing that all jobs meet schedule and, if not, gives sales reps and CSRs maximum notification of change in schedule.
- Reviews requisitions, interprets requirements and recommends source of supply. Issues purchase orders for all materials, supplies, outside labor, and sub-contracted work. Assures all purchases are necessary and cost-effective.
- Insures production employees maintain accurate and timely cost records on all jobs. Responsible for maintaining and meeting production standards.
- Inspects all plant operations in various stages to determine conformance with production, safety and quality standards.
- Signs off on production quality control items on quality control sheet for each job.
- Responsible for maintenance and care of equipment. Solves technical problems relating to operation of equipment or jobs.
- Works with Safety Director to keep safety plan updated to stay in compliance with government regulations. Responsible for enforcing safety regulations. Maintains Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) at appropriate work stations. Coordinates with Safety Director to insure hazardous communication and safety requirements and training are performed in a timely manner and accounted for.
- Responsible for hiring and dismissal of production employees and initiation of disciplinary measures.
- Keeps careful records of employees, accident reports and efficiency records. Responsible for performance reviews of all production employees. Stays informed of state and federal laws regarding wages, hours, employment and environment.
- Attends regular management meetings to discuss plant or production issues and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Job Requirements: Must be knowledgeable in systems related to manufacturing, new equipment, quality control, and production efficiency. Good interpersonal skills. Team player. Ability to solve problems. Ability to plan, organize, direct, control and lead.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma and/or Vocational/Technical training and/or equivalent experience. Minimum 3 years experience in direct mail production. Familiarity with operations involved in data processing, variable data printing, lettershop, and fulfillment.