Reporting to the Board of Directors and its Executive Committee, the President and CEO is the Chamber’s chief staff officer, leading the organization to fulfillment of its vision and mission. The responsibilities include planning and directing all operations, programs, activities, functions, and affairs of the organization, including implementation of the Chamber’s three-year Strategic Plan.
The CEO carries out the policies and duties established by the Chamber’s Board of Directors and serves as the “face of the Chamber,” acting as a community leader, business advocate and ambassador for the San Diego East County region. The CEO collaborates with other business and civic organizations to improve the local business climate for Chamber members. The CEO is directed by the Board but reports to the current Board Chair.
GENERAL GOALS: The President/CEO develops and submits an annual plan of action for attaining the core goals & objectives of the Chamber with guidance from the Board, administered by the Board Chair. The CEO establishes metrics for evaluation and, with Board approval, leads the following activities:
- Growing the Chamber’s membership and programs per the Board’s defined goals strategic plan,
- Ensuring excellent communications both internally and externally,
- Enhancing and expanding the value proposition for the Chamber’s membership,
- Ensuring good and effective governance of the Chamber, and
- Increasing the Chamber’s visibility, reputation and influence in the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Many duties listed for each category and full details available upon request
Management, Administration and Member Services:
Finance and Organizational Development:
Communications and Relationships: