Retail Sales Associate
XCAL Ashburn, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Retail Sales Associate
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for engaging customers, listening to and understanding their needs, and connecting them to the best service or product that meets those needs. This is a high visibility retail sales opportunity that includes range check in, merchandising, and selling firearms products and services. We are looking for someone who enjoys shooting sports, functions with minimal supervision, and would like to share that passion with our clientele. Customer service and member experience are imperative. Firearm knowledge and experience is a bonus.
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Engage with customers, asking qualifying questions and listening to their needs, providing options and advice on meeting those needs.
- Sell firearms and related accessories/services to customers.
- Operating cash register, personal computer, and various software packages, including POS and inventory management systems.
- Conduct sales and range related duties including open/closing procedures, sales floor preparation, basic maintenance and cleaning, inventory restocking, and phone inquiries.
- Readily able to study and develop a knowledge base of company products, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of firearms, ammunition, and accessories helpful.
- Knowledge of ATF Compliance regulations and firearms related laws helpful.
- Have background or experience around firearms and must be comfortable working in the firearms industry.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must be legally able to purchase and possess firearms to ensure compliance of firearms sales department and must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to read/understand written materials and follow verbal instructions to expectations with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills to improve the customer experience.
- Ability to stand at minimum of 4 hours.
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Retail sales or customer service experience.
- Previous firearms and/or range industry experience.
RetailView all jobs at XCAL