Range Safety Officer (RSO)
- Posted: 25 days ago
Range Safety Officer
The Range Safety Officer (RSO) is critical to safely operating the firing range while providing a friendly and inviting experience while taking a leadership position. The RSO enforces safe firearm handling and must pay strict attention to the range area while maintaining a strong mental focus on safety. The primary duty of a RSO is to organize, conduct, and supervise safe range operations to all customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface and communicate in a professional, courteous, and compassionate manner with all customers.
- Supervise all range activities and ensure that customers follow range regulations, including professional correction of safety violations.
- Demonstrated high end communication and problem solving skills with minimal supervision is essential, including making decisions and follow through.
- Conduct range safety briefings, as necessary.
- Be an example to all customers by practicing safe firearms handling and following all range safety rules.
- Assist shooters with stoppages, malfunctions and other issues or questions on the range.
- Control the range and lead/assist with any emergency procedures.
- Know and execute emergency response plans when required.
- Operate Point of Sale system to schedule and rent firearms to customers.
- Restocking of targets and personal protective equipment.
- Conduct P.O.S. Check-in & Release of Liability Waiver verifications.
- Responsible for watching the CCTV camera system to observe and correct any safety violations.
- Perform and follow procedures for opening and closing the range.
- Provide constructive and timely feedback on range operations to management to promote improvements.
- Actively promotes XCAL programs, products, and services.
- Flexibility to work morning, nights, weekends and non-standardized shift schedules.
- High familiarity and knowledge of firearm operation, design and usage required, including action types, loading/unloading, and malfunction correction.
- Ability to stand at minimum of 4 hours.
- Lift, carry and transfer up to 50 pounds at any given time.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have firearms handling experience.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must pass criminal background check
- Previous Range Officer experience preferred.
- Related firearms industry experience and training certifications a bonus.
- Previous retail and/or member services experience helpful.
BusinessView all jobs at XCAL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?