System Engineer (Mobile Computing Expert (Purebred))
X Technologies Annapolis Junction, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary of Position
Provides support to the DISA by researching upcoming mobile Operation System (OS) updates and their effect to existing DoD PKI derived credential issuance systems. The engineer should have a firm understanding of mobile operating environments: Windows 10, Apple iOS, Samsung Knox, Blackberry, and Google Android. The engineer will analyze upcoming changes to mobile OS's and Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions and provide a report on the impact to the existing DoD PKI infrastructure along with a planned resolution for each issue identified. The engineer will assist in developing enhancements to DoD PKIs derived credential issuance system. These enhancements are to the web user interface (UI) workflow, OS specific registration applications, updates to account for changes in Apple's Over the Air (OTA), and updates to account for updates to Mobile Device Manager protocols.
Requires professional and communications skills needed to coordinate DISA efforts with both DoD and non-DoD partners.
Essential Job Requirements
- Technical knowledge of Mobile capabilities, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Public Key Enablement (PKE); experience configuring PKI-based authentication, signing, and encryption solutions
- Hands-on engineering experience with a variety of operating systems, web servers, and other applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Specific knowledge of the DoD PKI required
- Specific product knowledge of any of the following desirable: Purebred, UNIX (building logical domain), applied cryptography, PKI, C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Swift, Kotlin, Rust, Windows10, Blackberry devices, mobile code development, HSM, Microsoft Active Directory, IIS, Outlook; Apache web server, Apache Tomcat; Adobe Acrobat/Reader; Oracle database, server and SSO products; middleware including Axway (formerly Tumbleweed) Validation Authority suite, CoreStreet Validation Authority, 90meter and ActivClient smart card reader products, Puppet
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering. Experience can be substituted for education.
- 5+ years of computer experience in at least two of the following disciplines: mobile computing, system analysis, system programming, application programming, and equipment analysis. At least 5 years of experience developing applications for PKI using advanced technologies, including Internet protocols or web-based technology.
- IT Certifications (e.g. CISSP, Sec+) preferred
- Experience in the Mobile/Cyber/PKI community
- Hands on experience developing mobile code and implementing cryptographic modules onto mobile devices (Android, iPhone, etc...)
- Hands on experience with UNIX, C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby
- Experience with HSMs
- Experience with installs onto production environments
- Analytical skills - Must be able to evaluate policy and guidance, technology advancements in PKI, and operational requirements to formulate implementation strategies in the DoD.
- Communication and Interpersonal - Strong interpersonal skills in order to collaborate / coordinate DoD PKI positions with DoD and Services PKI subject matter experts and decision makers
- This is a standard office environment and requires lifting and moving of standard personal computers, files, and supplies.
- Position requires a Secret clearance.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after one has received the second dose in a two-dose series, or two weeks after one has received a single-dose vaccine currently approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson /Janssen COVID-19 vaccines) or that have been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g., AstraZeneca/Oxford)
AAP/EEO Statement X Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for the position.
At X Technologies, we adapt rapidly to meet new requirements and have flexible and fast contracting vehicles. We have the experience, personnel, facilities and teaming partners to get the job done....from start to finish.
X TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
We're looking for talented, motivated individuals who are ready to do innovative work and we offer exciting career opportunities
Since 1998, X Technologies has been providing high quality engineering, information technology, information security, program support, manufacturing and repair services to federal and commercial organizations. At X Technologies, we adapt rapidly to meet new requirements and have flexible and fast contracting vehicles. We have the experience, personnel, facilities and teaming partners to get the job done....from start to finish.
AddressAnnapolis Junction, MD