WyomingPBS Foundation Riverton, WY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $17 Hourly
Assist the Executive Director and other staff as assigned, in the daily management and operations of The WyomingPBS Foundation office in Riverton, WY.
This is a part-time (up to 20 hours per week - not to exceed 20 hours per week maximum) position. The foundation Executive Director shall determine the actual work schedule based on the needs of the chosen candidate and the foundation office. Working remotely will be considered for this position. The WyomingPBS Foundation is located within WyomingPBS on the Central Wyoming College campus. Attendance at evening and weekend events is sometimes required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ability to prioritize duties and manage multiple competing priorities in a confidential and professional manner.
Provide a professional presence by meeting and greeting visitors to the foundation office and assisting them appropriately as well as answering phones.
The part-time office assistant also provides to the Executive Director and other staff when assigned, secretarial and clerical project management functions that include, but are not limited to:
- Run weekly and monthly financial reports from the membership database in Salesforce to share with the foundation’s bookkeeping partner.
- Enter payments of all types into the Salesforce database. This could include cash/check/credit card payment types.
- Enter and track all accounts payable and receivable using an online billing program called bill.com
- Work with the bookkeeping partner on completing monthly financial reports to be presented to Executive Director and Board of Directors as needed.
- Assist the Membership Coordinator with processing credit card gifts, online pledges/membership renewals and data entry into the membership database as well as other necessary systems.
- Occasionally answer calls for the foundation when other employees are unavailable, or as needed.
- Assist Executive Director with tracking Major Donor renewals and acknowledgements with the foundation’s membership partner, CDP.
- Perform filing tasks for Executive Director
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Assist Executive Director with board meetings (held three to four times a year):
- Prepare board packets for electronic distribution
- Take minutes during all board meetings and share with executive director and board members.
Must have an understanding of the operation of all office equipment such as a computer, printer, copier, fax machine, and calculator/adding machine.
Must possess intermediate to advanced computer skills. The ability to use QuickBooks, Salesforce, bill.com, Excel, all Google applications and other software programs to meet the needs of the position is essential.
Plan, organize, and implement routine and special projects assigned by the Executive Director.
Be able to work and act in a professional manner and exercise independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems. Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail is a must. The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is required.
Provide administrative support to the Executive Director in preparing agendas and taking minutes, preparation of Board packets and assist in distribution.
Training and Experience:
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from high school and it is desirable to have obtained an associates degree and/or a four-year college degree in office management; 1-3 years bookkeeping and executive secretarial experience in a fast- paced office environment is preferred; or an equivalent combination of training and experience as determined by the Executive Director. A basic competency test for use of Microsoft Word and Excel will be conducted to qualify for this position.
Hourly Rate: $14 to $17/hour depending on experience.
WyomingPBS Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WyomingPBS is the only public broadcasting station in the state of Wyoming and reaches approximately 85% of the state’s population via over-the-air broadcast, cable, satellite and live stream methods. This constitutes the core of our project’s audience. WyomingPBS is making a concerted effort to partner with independent filmmakers to produce content of interest to their audience. The mission of the broadcast network and its foundation is to connect and enrich lives through innovative media by telling and preserving the stories of Wyoming.
WyomingPBS FoundationWhy Work Here?
Awesome place to work surrounded by incredibly talented team members that strive to support production magic for Wyoming audiences!
The WyomingPBS Foundation supports the public broadcast television network WyomingPBS through fundraising efforts including the WyomingPBS Production Endowment (held by Wyoming Community Foundation), pledge drives, and project specific fundraising opportunities. In addition to staff, the Foundation has a board of nine members, and operates out of Riverton, Wyoming. WyomingPBS is the only public broadcasting station in the state of Wyoming and reaches approximately 85% of the state’s population via over-the-air broadcast, cable, satellite and live stream methods. This constitutes the core of our project’s audience. WyomingPBS is making a concerted effort to partner with independent filmmakers to produce content of interest to their audience. The mission of the broadcast network and its foundation is to connect and enrich lives through innovative media by telling and preserving the stories of Wyoming.
2660 Peck AveRiverton, WY
BusinessView all jobs at WyomingPBS Foundation