Senior Buyer - Manufacturing
Wynn's Grain & Spice Montgomery, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for sourcing ingredients, supplies, and materials. The Buyer will also support negotiations and the establishment of purchasing agreements with suppliers. The position is responsible for tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness, as well as forecasting prices and market trends.
A. Essential Job Functions
1. Analyze MRP to support factory’s material requirements, and issue Purchase Orders for ingredients, packaging materials, labels, manufacturing supplies, and other printed materials.
2. Acts as negotiator between the Company and vendors/suppliers on procurement issues and contracts; keeps informed of all new developments relative to available resources.
3. Review purchase requisitions and converts them to purchase orders with commitment dates.
4. Timely review order confirmations from vendors for accuracy and the scheduled delivery dates. Communicates any issues to management.
5. Manage inventory shortages, including root cause analysis and action plans.
6. Manage ERP parts database, to include verifying the validity of the database for proper planning results.
7. Maintains a database of ingredients and material specifications, as well as a directory of primary and alternate suppliers;
8. Support the Purchasing Department’s role in fulfilling needs outlined under SQF requirements.
9. Gives timely and effective communication to suppliers of forecasts and purchase requirements. Assists with negotiations of supplier pricing, terms, service agreements, and with supplier performance evaluations.
10. Support cost analysis, new product development and scheduling for new product ramp ups, ongoing product change management, commodity strategies.
11. Ensures all raw ingredients, packaging materials, and finished goods inventories remain accurate against MRP; Ensures that traceability of all inventory is maintained.
12. Performs cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy, ensure proper stock rotation, evaluate product dating and eliminate product losses.
13. Assists in semi-annual physical inventory counts.
14. Identify obsolete inventory and work with management to disposition.
15. Audits engineering masters for accuracy, ensuring bill of materials reflect current formula information.
16. Reviews receiving documents and verifies that the description of products received, quantity received, and lot number information are all correct before the receipt is posted into the ERP system.
17. Executes the procurement of all parts, supplies, and materials necessary for daily operation, including office supplies, MRO items, and PPE items. Enters purchase orders for assigned parts and follows through to ensure orders are processed timely and delivery will be made per company needs.
18. Performs other duties as assigned and assumes a shared responsibility in personal growth and development goals.
19. Frequently required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Must occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
20. Monitors the commodity market.
B. Performance Standards
1. A high degree of emphasis is placed on inventory and traceability accuracy.
2. High food-safety and food-quality standards are emphasized and maintained. Follows plant GMP’s and ensures compliance of job duties with SQF standards.
3. Daily planning processes indicate strong organizational skills and production entry responsibilities are completed efficiently; Microsoft Excel skills are utilized to complete assigned production reports and data.
4. Inventory discrepancies are reported timely; assists team in effective solutions and preventative controls.
5. Works well with co-workers where divergent views are welcomed; Accepts constructive feedback; pursues self-development activities.
6. Company property is protected: ensures security necessary to prevent loss from abuse, carelessness, or theft; maintains a safe, clean work area.
7. Supports the operating philosophy of the company including its policies and procedures; develops a strong work ethic and caring attitude; is punctual, dependable, cooperative and responsible; assists in self-development.
8. Ensures no waste or damage to product is caused by improper loading, unloading, handling or storing; proper security procedures are in place to prevent loss from theft, carelessness, or poor documentation procedures.
C. Principal Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or related field and high school diploma.
2. A minimum of 2 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the procedures and systems used in the procurement of materials, supplies, equipment and services to support manufacturing. Experience using planning tools in a manufacturing ERP system.
4. Computer literacy with knowledge of ERP programs, strong Microsoft Excel and math skills, and the construction and utilization of bills of material with material traceability.
5. Skills required include strong analytical and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, ability to communicate effectively, self-motivated, ability to work independently and in a team.
With a revitalized focus on servicing foodservice channels nationwide, Wynn's is a growing company with roots dating back decades. It all started 60 years ago in an Alabama kitchen with a love of Southern flavors. This family owned business is now on its third generation and is ˜mixing things up, no pun intended.
Wynn’s Grain & Spice LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, genetics, or basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Wynn's Grain & SpiceWhy Work Here?
Awesome leadership team, great benefits, family atmosphere!
Wynn's Grain & Spice is a manufacturer that blends premium, southern crafted breading, batter dip and marinades and rotisserie seasonings for poultry and seafood. Our manufacturing facility is based in Montgomery, Alabama with offices in Birmingham, Alabama. With a revitalized focus on servicing foodservice channels nationwide, Wynn's is a growing company with roots dating back decades. It all started 60 years ago in an Alabama kitchen with a love of Southern flavors. This family owned business is now on its third generation and is mixing things up, no pun intended. Wynn’s Grain & Spice LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, genetics, or basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.