The Night Auditor is responsible for the preparation and disposition of all Night Audit work. The Night Auditor may be responsible for all Front Office functions on the third shift. Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures daily. Balance the day's work (i.e., movie revenue, telephone postings, valet laundry, servers and desk agent's paperwork, etc.). Generates all reports as required for Food and Beverage audit. Maintain proper record keeping (i.e., log books, etc.) according to standards. Complete the initial direct bills and place on the Property Accountant's desk. Attach all folio/banquet check back-up to the bills. May handle and follow through on all guest requests during the third shift.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the Guest Services function of the resort: Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Complete guest registration process, issue unit keys, and provide resort information and area attractions. Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures. Balance all cash receipts and work performed during shift and perform a bucket check on shift, post all guest charges, complete cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing of assigned bank. Complete check-out procedures. May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups. Check departure folios; verify daily cash sheets, ensuring all totals are accurate and posted correctly. Close and reset credit card system. Update no shows and run final night audit and associated reports. Interact with site accounting regarding all aspects of daily transactions, cash drops, credit cards etc.(45% time)
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Handle guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (25% time)
- Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (15% time)
- Build a "Count On Me" Culture: Continuously exhibit the company's Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
- Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Wyndham Destinations believes in putting the world on vacation. Our global presence in 110 countries at more than 220 vacation ownership resorts and 4,300 affiliated exchange properties distinguishes Wyndham Destinations as the world's largest vacation ownership and exchange company, with North America's largest professionally managed rental business. Every year 3.5 million families entrust us with their vacation dreams. As the world's largest vacation company, Wyndham Destinations provides access to unlimited possibilities to inspire your next vacation - or your next career. Each year our team of 25,000 associates delivers great vacations to millions of families as they make memories of a lifetime. Learn how you can join us on your career journey by visiting careers.wyndhamdestinations.com. Our world is your destination.
The Company makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Accounting education preferred
b) Training requirements
c) Knowledge and skills
- Organizational Skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
- Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to give high priority to customer service
- Ability to solve problems with a minimum of guidance
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Basic office skills helpful including basic math, proper cash handling procedures
- Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
- Must be detail oriented
d) Technical Skills
- PC Skills and knowledge
- Accounting systems knowledge
- Ability to use basic office equipment including Fax, copier, printers
- Microsoft Office: Word, excel, outlook
- Key systems
- Hotel Hospitality Front office accounting knowledge a plus
- Must be able to easily and frequently change from one activity to another while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard
e) Job experience
- 1 year of front desk experience in a hospitality/hotel environment and/or
- 1 year of customer service experience in service or retail environment
- 1 year of accounting experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.