Director of Sales and Marketing
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have a passion for sales? If so, Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront has an exciting career opportunity available for you! We have an opening for a Director of Sales and Marketing. This will be a salaried full-time position offering excellent benefits, including a bonus plan, health, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, sick paid time, and paid vacations! We are looking for a seasoned, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have a proven performance record of meeting and exceeding personal and financial goals to maximize the hotel's profitability while maintaining high customer satisfaction levels.
The Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel is located in the prestigious North End section of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, where we overlook our very own semi-private beach. With over 16,000 square feet of meeting space, our hotel is the ideal location for any type of event and truly sells itself! Our award-winning restaurant, Surf Club Ocean Grille, is located onsite, featuring a highly talented team of culinary professionals, and has a substantial local following. We thrive on excellence and take pride in building the best team possible so we may provide our guests with the memorable and stress-free stay they deserve, and this keeps our groups coming back.
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a Sales and Marketing plan that maximizes profitability for the hotel and outstanding quality service for customers.
The Director of Sales and Marketing's primary responsibilities will include:
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for Sales and Marketing Plan, Monthly Sales Reporting, Annual Goals, Sales and Marketing Budget, Forecasts, and other reports as directed/required.
- Develop rates, group ceilings, and deployment strategies through a review of competitive data, demand analysis, and mix management.
- Direct, manage, train, and counsel sales staff.
- Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours, and customer meetings.
- Conduct/attend Daily Business Review Meetings, weekly strategic sales meetings, management meetings, and other meetings as required/requested.
- Manage/direct all advertising, public relations, and promotional activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external constituents in oral or written form.
- Ability to assess /evaluate employee's performance fairly.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers.
- Knowledge of hotels and competitive markets.
- Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate action plans.
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Ability to use computer programs desirable (Microsoft Word, Excel, Delphi).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education –Four-year degree in a related field.
- Experience – Five years of experience in a related field preferred.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
5700 Atlantic aveVirginia Beach, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront