To provide supervisory leadership, efficient management and creative problem solving, in department related plant operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensuring consistent basic quality standards and procedures up and down work chain.
- Operations management (production schedule, releases, deliveries, product quality assurance).
- Manufacturing analysis to reach peak efficiency.
- Manufacturing improvement/refinement review.
- Directs and coordinates forging plant operations based policies, objectives, and programs spanning manufacturing functions.
- Determines performance and product quality and has direct accountability for that performance.
- Develop a deep understanding of the forging presses to drive process efficiency
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manufacturing shop floor experience required
- B.S./ B.A (engineering discipline preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure to Theory of Constraints throughput and inventory management preferred
- Union experience preferred
- 4 on/ 3 off – 3 on/4 off – 12 hours shifts. 6p -6a –
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Very strong inter-personal skills.
- Leadership ability.
- Management acumen.
- Ability to do multi tasks.
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wyman Gordon is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 508-839-8004 for assistance.