Mechanical Construction Estimator must manage the entire bidding process. They must also
maintain estimating functions for all work scheduled for bidding.
• Perform quantity take-off and pricing of mechanical, plumbing and fire estimates
• Conducts reviews of milestone documents to identify changes om work scope and
develop/price value alternative opportunities
• Solicit subcontractors during bidding process and analyze/scope subcontractor mechanical
bids, collecting and organizing all bid information for historical cost database platform
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal clients, subcontractors, vendors and
other key stakeholders
• Communicate and document discussions with architects/consultants to clarify scope of
work, materials and schedule requirements
• Participate in internal estimate review process, document logical assumptions during
conceptual estimating activities and assist with final assembly of estimate for presentation
• Assist with change order pricing and prepare budget comparisons between
• Direct and coordinate information and documents to subcontractors, conducting face-to-
face meetings and preparing contractual exhibits for scope of work
• Coordinate scope of work between architectural, structural and electrical estimators
• Maintain working and current knowledge of MEP codes
• Must be able to manage multiple estimates and meet specific bid deadlines
• Perform other duties as assigned by Vice President of pre-construction.
• Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of electrical drawings and codes is a plus
• Knowledge of estimating take-off software such as OST, Planswift, Bluebeam
• Bachelor of Science in Construction or related degree or 5+ years of construction
• Master’s Degree in Construction or related degree preferred or 7+ years of construction
• Certified Professional Estimator (CPE)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required. As well as estimating software.
• Must have experience reading and interpreting specs, plans and blueprints
• Adept in mathematics
Abilities and Attributes
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
• Ethical behavior and integrity used in all situations
• Able to work individually, as well with a team
• Detail-oriented and able to multitask
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Typical work-days and hours are Monday through Friday
8:00am to 5:00 pm.
This position reports to Pre-Construction Manager or Senior Estimator
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting and possible outdoor work is required in the inspection of
various land use developments, construction sites or public works facilities. Hand-eye
coordination and the ability to see well, naturally or with correction, is necessary to operate
drafting instruments, computers and various pieces of office equipment. Ability to lift up to 35
pounds and the ability of pulling and pushing objects up to 35 pounds is required on a job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to sit; stand; walk;
use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear; and
Wurzel Builders, LTD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wurzel Builders, LTD complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.